over 9000
- - - - - - - -
When I think of the perpetual journey through life
When it always feels like autumn
The wind moves slowly to the north
And the flowers die
Rain falls in my dreams

- - - - - - - -
2 years at around halloween time. id say im pretty good for playing that long, i do need to work on my lead stuff though.
My Gear:
Electric:
Dean From Hell (CFH/Dime)
ESP Ltd EC-1000 Amber Sunburst
Laney LX65D amp
Acoustic:
Taylor T5 custom koa
Marshall AS50D amp.

PSN ID is also

MrSprinklez
4 years, self taught.

Need to find a good teacher who can push me to the next level.
Quote by santa_man99
THANK you. I love you forever.

Quote by DrFuzz
Why are you researching for Christmas? It's only Ma- HOLY CRAP WHERE'S 2009 GONE!?!?!?

Quote by ilikepirates
You're right, that is weird. You win.
a year and few months. but since I'm self-taught, I feel like I am not as good as I could be. Need to find me a teacher
Love, love is a verb. Love is a doing word.

I got soul but I'm not a soldier...
4 years all self taught, never got around to the teacher thing and dont plan on it anytime soon
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
Just one year, avidly
Dont sig me, bro!

Quote by Unourrit01
i love you.

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lulstack?
about three years on and off. pretty impressive for being self-taught. still working on major barre chords and arpeggio sweeps.
about a year and a half, started February of last year... I'm not too bad, I'm working on some sweeping stuff (I'm still pretty sloppy but getting better)
Gear:
Ibanez RG350DX
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60

Currently saving for:
Agile/Gary Kramer 7 string
about 5 years self taught. I'd probably be better by now if I had a teacher, but I'm pretty satisfied.
This thread is a bit of a downer, a lot of use say use can sweep pick after not so long. I thought soloing over the pentatonic scale was good for a year and a half........maybe I was wrong
Quote by Duffman123
This thread is a bit of a downer, a lot of use say use can sweep pick after not so long. I thought soloing over the pentatonic scale was good for a year and a half........maybe I was wrong

dont get down everyone progresses at different rates if you put in the adequate amount of practice you will get good
About 1.25 years. Self taught. Don't want a teacher. Lessons are for ambitionless wussies.
The best part is I can already play better than one of my friends who has been playing for 5 years. And he got lessons. I believe that this is the case because I didn't waste any time learning how to read music (I already knew) or every chord imaginable or how to hold a pick or crap like that. I just held my pick and played. I used Youtube and tabs from this place to learn what I wanted instead of what people thought I needed to. It helps that I already had a musical background. I played other instruments before.

Unnecesarily long post.
Like punk the way it used to be? Deranged Youth Its like what Warped Tour should be!

Want to hear something mind-blowing? Pit O' Bodies Its like an amateur hypnotist plus the Spanish Inquisition!
Quote by Duffman123

TisPyon's right, the only reason I can even do simple sweeps right now is because I play all day, every day.
Gear:
Ibanez RG350DX
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60

Currently saving for:
Agile/Gary Kramer 7 string
Just about six years now.
Call me Jack.
All that you love...
...you must love now.
My Gear:
PRS Custom 24
Standard MIM Tele
Larrivée LV-09E
Rivera Clubster 45 112 Combo Tube
Boss ME-20 Multi-effects pedal
Boss OC-3 Super octave pedal
My own home-made octave-up pedal
Quote by JackTheNobody
TisPyon's right, the only reason I can even do simple sweeps right now is because I play all day, every day.

I would play all day, but I can only play guitar well when I'm in the mood to play. If I;m not in the mood, I play sh*t and have no creativity
Quote by Duffman123

i said i could sweep... i didn't say i could do it well.
i believe my obsession with perfecting it means my other aspects are lacking, as in i know minimal theory and my basic techniques are non-existant.
A year and a half, not boasting, but all my friends say im a beast
RIP Terje (Valfar) Bakken
Quote by Duffman123
I would play all day, but I can only play guitar well when I'm in the mood to play. If I;m not in the mood, I play sh*t and have no creativity

me too ^^^

but ive been playing 5 years at christmas, a year and a half ive been self taught, and i wouldnt say i totally suck but im not the next guitar prodigy, i know that much
Gear

Gibson Les Paul Studio
Custom Made Strat with hot rails
Orange Rockerverb 50 MkII
Orange PPC212 OB
Tanglewood TW1000SR/FPP
TC Electronics Polytune
Line 6 DL4
Danelectro Fish 'n' Chips
Digitech Bad Monkey
Boss Ch-1
Page 1 of 4