So would a Fulltone OCD stacked with a Maxon OD808 or some such overdrive be too noisy and get too much feedback? Do not ask me about my amp or what amp I will use these with. They will be used with an awesome pedal friendly amp once I get all my budgeting on the ball. I just want to know if this is an acceptable combination.
Last edited by sg4ever at Aug 27, 2009,
i use a danelectro coolcat drive (OCD clone) and boost it with a ts808 for leads. i turn the volume up on the 808 almost all the way, and the dirt/gain/overdrive/whatever down almost all the way. it gives a nice compression and gives way to this beautiful chewy sound in the mids. when at a reasonable volume, you get some wonderful hamronics that gracefully melt into feedback.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Well, I would have the other overdrive set to a light and bluesy overdrive and the OCD to a more rock overdrive. Would that kind of stack be too noisy? I'm trying to figure out how to get that really sustaining solo sound without getting a distortion pedal. I prefer the tone of overdrive pedals.
that would probably work just fine. as long as no one pedal has far too much gain. its all about something called gain-staging.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
set one dirty and one clean, set the clean one before the dirty one as a preamp. this is the conventional way to stack dirt pedals.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.