If you've been thinking about getting it....Get it. Ive never been able to coax Hendrix out of my other amps(DrZ EZG50(Amazing Blackface Amp), DrZ Route 66(JTM45/Bassman on roids). But now i can. Amazing warm Breakup. Nice cleans(wind cries mary type)

Chanel 1 Is from what i understand Voiced like a JTM45. Didnt mess w/ this channel to much. Sounds great though. Cleans are very warm. Hi and low inputs do make a difference.

Chanel 2 Plexi. TMB Plexi chanel. Sounds fantastic. This is the kinda breakup ive wanted but could never get w/ pedals(COT50, Kanji) I'm playing a 62 Hot rod strat w/ thin skin Nitro Finish. Cream, Clapton, Hendrix, Paige....they're all there. I bet it sounds orgasmic w/ a les paul.

18/36 option is great. 18 for home use. 36 for gigs. so between my Blackface DrZ and This Ceriatone ive got it covered. Im even thinking of getting rid of my DrZ Route 66, so i can buy a Les Paul. HMMMMMMMM

If you have any Qs ask away.

Also Thank to everyone who helped my out earlier. It was just a bum ECC83. Replaced it. An Perfection.

Heads To BIG though gonna try and find a smaller cab.
Last edited by FrusMayerJunkie at Aug 27, 2009,
did you build it from a kit by yourself? or did you buy it built? Are they hard to build?
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
Nah id probably kill myself if i tried to build it. I found it on Harmonycentral for 700. There was a real nice one in red on ebay. Kinda wish i would have gotten that one.hahaha. But from what i understand their not to bad if you can use a soldering iron.
I can hardly believe that such amazing amps are available in Malaysia. Just 333km from my home.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Pics and clips are the only thing I ask of you good sir.

Congrats on a new amp.

(Hope you got the sound issues worked out too.)
Tele - EP Booster - DLS - Big Muff - Ekko 616 - Rocker 30/AC15
Quote by Hesh_09
Pics and clips are the only thing I ask of you good sir.

Congrats on a new amp.

(Hope you got the sound issues worked out too.)

Yeah, i got everything worked out. One of the ECC83(12AX7) was dead. Switched it out and let her rip.

I can get the pics.

Clips are a no go. I dont have any recording equipment. Maybe you guys could recommend something nice. But not to price.
what kind of tubes are you running in it?
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
I believe they are just some GT. Ill probably switch them out w/ JJs or some other brands later. The amp has more bass then i expected. Still getting used to the feel of this amp. Im used to blackface type amps. Marshall circuits hit you like a kick to the balls..in a good way the. Aston Martin vs. 1967 Chevelle SS hahaha
^^^^

Nevermind, Took a look and they are actually JJs. power and pre amp sections. I think im gonna change out the JJ pre amp tubes. Any suggestions. Too Dark.
I'd go with a 5751 in V1, and a NOS mullard 12AT7 in phase inverter, jjs everywhere else.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Thanks for the suggestion. Sorry don't really know the tech terms like V1 and phase inverter. how would i figure out which socket is V1, Phase inverter. In sequential order or do i need to look at schematics?
V1 is the preamp furthest from the power tubes, the PI (phase inverter) is the closest. I should note, those tubes will take some gain away from the amp. I should also note that I've never tried that amp so while it might sound good in my Blues jr, it may not in that amp. Either way, it's a good place to start since those are pretty nice tubes.
Quote by Kevin Saale
V1 is the preamp furthest from the power tubes, the PI (phase inverter) is the closest. I should note, those tubes will take some gain away from the amp. I should also note that I've never tried that amp so while it might sound good in my Blues jr, it may not in that amp. Either way, it's a good place to start since those are pretty nice tubes.

Minor threadjack - any suggestions for 800 tubes? I'm thinking of Winged Cs for the power tubes but I'm stumped on the preamp.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
I dunno, I'd probably say the same. This combo easily blows away running all JJs IMO. It's not even a case of the jjs being too dark since my BJr is really bright anyways. The 5751+mullard just sounds good. I feel like the amp has a better midrange now then before. I need to try running JJs again to see if my view is still the same.
The real problem with the 800 is the brightness, though I'm removing the bright cap on it sometime in early September and opening up the lower mids a bit more with a couple other changes.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Do that before you mess with the tubes. Have done some tone stack changes to my BJr I can attest to the dramatic change swapping out a couple tone caps can cause.
I know this is an old thread, but I'm considering this amp. As of now, I'll be using it for home practice (bedroom levels) and band rehersal. I will eventually be using it for gigging. Would this amp be suitable for this?

Also, should I get the standard version or the EF36 version? What kinds of tones would I be able to get out of the standard 2nd channel (Tone + Volume) that I wouldn't be able to get out of the TMB channel? The EF36 looks very tempting...

Also, how does this amp compare to real Marshalls (plexi-voiced, etc.)?
The reason I'm asking all of this is because I'm very skeptical of buying an expensive amp overseas and not being able to try it out before I buy.