Im lookin into gettin a Vox Valvetronix amp it should be an upgrade from my 15 watt crate. Either the 50 watt or the 100 watt. what do yall think anything else better for the price?
Budget?
Style?
Location?
Etc.?

It'd help if u put some of those, but without them, i'd say get a Peavey Vypyr 75watt, its a great amp for the price (i own it) and it gets loud, and is capable of putting out some decent tones
Gear
Guitars
- Ibanez GRX20
- Austin SG
- Alveraz Artist Acoustic Electric
Amps
- Kustom 15W
- Peavey Vypyr 75W
- Monitor speaker!
Effects
- Behringer V-Amp Multi-effects
- Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
- Tubescreamer
- Sampera I
Quote by Pennderinn
Budget?
Style?
Location?
Etc.?

It'd help if u put some of those, but without them, i'd say get a Peavey Vypyr 75watt, its a great amp for the price (i own it) and it gets loud, and is capable of putting out some decent tones

lol sorry forgot

budget not much over $300
Style: a mix of everything
and it doesnt have to be a modelling amp
im not to big on the vyper
I have the 30 and it's good for what it's worth. I got mine for 250. Obviously not as nice as the AC 15 or 30, but it's a nice practice amp for the price.
Vypyrs sound real sterile to me, I honestly think that Vox has the best modeling stuff out there, except maybe Rocktron, which is expensive. I'd say a Valvetronix is your best bet. You'll get plenty of plugs for a small tube amp, but if versatility is what you're looking for, modeling is your best bang for buck.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
I've got the 50W and I have to say I've been impressed. The amp's very versatile and you can get something that requires Fender cleans, to a dirty blues, to classic right through to most types of metal. The built-in effects aren't the best though and are a bit complicated to use, I only really use the reverb and delay which are alright. The 50W is plenty loud and for practice I rarely have the attenuator past 12 o'clock. I've never gigged with it, but if it's loud enough to cut through my drummer (possibly the loudest drummer on the planet :P ), it should be ok for small-medium gigs.

All-in-all a great amp that'll help you find what sort of tone you're after fairly quickly. It's served me well these past years, but I'll be making the jump to all tubes pretty soon.
Gibson SG Diablo . Fender Cali Series Strat . Modded Epi Firebird . Seagull 25th Anniv. CW
Korg Pitchblack > Vox V847 >
Big Muff π TW >
Boss OC-3 > Memory Boy
Vox AD50VT
i too am looking to buy a vox valvetronix .. does anyone know what differences there are between the Vox valvetronix ADvt100 and the VT100 .. if any at all ?

cheers.