I was just curious to see if anyone has tried this combo. My next guitar is most likely going to be a PRS SE Custom 24, or I'm going to make my own with a PRS style.

BUT, I was playing my uncle's custom built guitar, and he has the D Sonic and Air Norton in that, and it sounds amazing. It has a perfect sound for my band's style.

So I was curious if anyone thought putting Dimarzio's in a PRS would be a good idea. Or would I taint the beauty and awesomeness that is PRS? (If I get the PRS I am not going to go replace the pick ups right away either, I'll definitely leave it alone for a while and see how much I like the stock pick ups.)
Quote by Aurex
Knightmare you are the winner

Gear:
Jay Turser Les Paul
PRS SE Custom 24
Washburn Paul Stanley Sig
Fender Stratocaster
Fender CD-60CE
Line 6 Spider III 120
VK112 w/Man o War
I'd say that its a pretty good idea. I'm not a fan of the stock SE pickups myself.

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
Whatever suits your style man...

replacing pickups doesnt "ruin" a guitar

I say go for it man
Guitars:

1998 Squier Affinity Stratocaster

Amps:

Peavey Valve king 112

Money is just paper, but it affects people like poetry.
I feel like going from PRS to Dimarzio would definitely be a downgrade. Maybe not so much with the SE though since I don't know the quality of their pups. See what you think of the stock pups first. PRS tends to make amazing pickups. But maybe not for their SE line. If you like the Dimarzios, go for em.

I don't like the sound of the pups in my PRS, but I can't find anything better than them except vintage PAFs.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
I thought the stock SE pick ups were good. I prefer Dimarzios and Duncans personally, but they weren't bad.

And to William: I got yelled at before for suggesting a pick up chnage to a les paul.
Quote by Aurex

Gear:
Jay Turser Les Paul
PRS SE Custom 24
Fender Stratocaster
Fender CD-60CE
Line 6 Spider III 120
VK112 w/Man o War
Quote by Artemis Entreri
I feel like going from PRS to Dimarzio would definitely be a downgrade. Maybe not so much with the SE though since I don't know the quality of their pups. See what you think of the stock pups first. PRS tends to make amazing pickups. But maybe not for their SE line. If you like the Dimarzios, go for em.

I don't like the sound of the pups in my PRS, but I can't find anything better than them except vintage PAFs.

I thought about that. But it's a cheaper model, so I am assuming the pick ups won't be as great. But even PRS' cheaper lines and models are great guitars. But we'll see.
Quote by Aurex

Gear:
Jay Turser Les Paul
PRS SE Custom 24
Fender Stratocaster
Fender CD-60CE
Line 6 Spider III 120
VK112 w/Man o War
who the hell yelled at you and why?

just because you change the pickups doesnt make it less of a les paul...

you made it suit YOU better rather than everyone else,its your guitar and you should do what you want to it.
Guitars:

Amps:

Peavey Valve king 112

You know what Williamdllr, I like you. You make much more sense than all the "wut!?!?! ur replacing the pups on a LP!? what is wrong wit u? it will ruin the value and tone and style and les paulism of the it!!!" lol
Quote by Aurex

Gear:
Jay Turser Les Paul
PRS SE Custom 24
Fender Stratocaster
Fender CD-60CE
Line 6 Spider III 120
VK112 w/Man o War
Quote by Knightmare444
You know what Williamdllr, I like you. You make much more sense than all the "wut!?!?! ur replacing the pups on a LP!? what is wrong wit u? it will ruin the value and tone and style and les paulism of the it!!!" lol

thanks lol

I'm just tired of kids arguing over stupid things like that and given absolutely no good advice...

It's YOUR tone,not theirs...

every single guitar player has their own unique sound and sometimes they have to do mods to their guitar/amp/pedals to get that sound they have been looking for

and by all means,if you need to change the pickups in a guitar you like to get the tone you really want then do it...ignore what everyone else thinks because in the end,your then one who is happy with your tone.
Guitars:

Amps:

Peavey Valve king 112

i'm a fan of anything dimarzio, but that definitely sounds like a pretty decent combo to me!
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
I quite agree
Quote by Aurex

Gear:
Jay Turser Les Paul
PRS SE Custom 24
Fender Stratocaster
Fender CD-60CE
Line 6 Spider III 120
VK112 w/Man o War
Quote by Artemis Entreri

If that sound is your thing then look at....

Throbaks, Jim Rolphs, Wolfetone Dr. Vs, RS/Fralin True '60s