Ok, I've been thinking about getting one of those Line 6 Pods.

I see there are Live and Studio pods with obvious intentions.

I'd like to know which one would be best for both performances and recording.

Also, is the Live pod played through an amp or PA system?

Do either have pedals that can activate different settings on them? (I guess if anything, it would be the Live)
I've gotten a lot of LOLs in my time but I choose not to sig them to not look like a pretentious douchebag

All Pods (except the renamed Toneports) can be played through an amp or PA. Through an amp you run it into the FX return and turn off cab modelling. Through a PA you leave cab modelling on.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
The live is used as a pedal, and the others are used just as effects and modelling units. They work well if you can EQ them properly. I'm actually using mine now for a bit of recording (Pod X3 Desktop).
Quote by Pat_s1t
The live is used as a pedal, and the others are used just as effects and modelling units. They work well if you can EQ them properly. I'm actually using mine now for a bit of recording (Pod X3 Desktop).

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Line-6-POD-2-0-Guitar-Multi-Effects-Processor-103807947-i1167940.gc

I'm not planning on spending too much on a Pod. I see it has a headphones output and I can use it as an amp just like that which would be pretty cool. I have a Peavey Vypyr which has that feature but I like to mess around w/ tone and stuff and it would mean more sounds to play w/ xD

I also see there's a footswitch available which would be perfect for live. I'm not doing anything serious (I'm a hobbyist right now), so I don't need 700w amp cabinets and stuff for now, just something to mess around w/ vesatile tone and ****.
I've gotten a lot of LOLs in my time but I choose not to sig them to not look like a pretentious douchebag

I have the Pocket version (same innards pretty much) and it is "versatile". As for the sound, can't comment, I'm surrounded by Marshall-loving idiots but I've begun recording with it and it's pretty decent, with a bit of EQing I'm sure I can make it sound pretty expensive It's main advantage is being able to switch between different types of amp (not just different gain settings) quickly, which is essential for recording songs.
Quote by Tombe
With pedals you can throw your guitar down for an impromptu pedal drone solo, whereas if you did that on a rack it would just look like you were programming your washing machine.