I have a Marshall MG250DFX and a Digitech rp-90. I think I am going to buy the Crybaby From Hell, would I need a noise gate or something like that, or will it be noise free?‎
Gear:
ESP LTD ALEXI-600
Dunlop DB-01 Dimebag Crybaby From Hell
Digitech RP-90
Marshall MG250DFX

24/7
i would just save up for a new amp.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Quote by randomhero93
i would just save up for a new amp.

I just bought it a few months ago, thats not an option,
Gear:
ESP LTD ALEXI-600
Digitech RP-90
Marshall MG250DFX

24/7
it is an option. it's not a good amp. you can sell it, save your money for the wah, and get a better amp, which is highly recomended IMO
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Quote by randomhero93
it is an option. it's not a good amp. you can sell it, save your money for the wah, and get a better amp, which is highly recomended IMO

**** that,
Gear:
ESP LTD ALEXI-600
Digitech RP-90
Marshall MG250DFX

24/7
Is it your first Wah Pedal? I suggest maybe going in to a store and asking to try one out on your particular amp. Maybe that will give you an idea.
Ibanez Jem 7V-WH
PRS Custom 24
ESP Ltd EC1000
Quote by satchgear
Is it your first Wah Pedal? I suggest maybe going in to a store and asking to try one out on your particular amp. Maybe that will give you an idea.

Ive used a wah before and, no I can`t do that either because my leg is broken in 3 places :p
Gear:
ESP LTD ALEXI-600
Digitech RP-90
Marshall MG250DFX

24/7
Quote by higgins666
Use your other leg? Hell, I can use a wah with either leg, it's not hard & if you need too, I'm sure they'll supply you with a stool to rest your broken leg on.

It's a good wah, IMO

Yea i have a stool :p
Gear:
ESP LTD ALEXI-600
Digitech RP-90
Marshall MG250DFX

24/7
Personally, I recommend the 95F. I like the Fasel inductor. Although I think many Crybaby wahs come with the Fasel now, but when I got mine it was the only wah on the market with a fasel inductor.

You can always buy a cheap second hand wah off ebay (or elsewhere) and put the fasel in it yourself, which ends up being alot cheaper... as long as you don't wreck the wah somehow when soldering! In fact, alot of the features that the expensive crybabys have, can just be added to a cheap wah. If you search youtube or www.instructables.com you can find videos on how to do it.

In better relevance to your actual question, I used to run my crybaby through a digitech rp50 into a crap old amp. The rp models tend to be very noisy, especially when you have the gain and compressor up at high levels. The wah does add a little bit of noise, but it's nothing to worry about. So you shouldn't bother getting a noise gate. Make sure you run the wah before the rp pedal in the signal path.
i really enjoyed my old crybaby from hell, i'd get another one if the opportunity arose. ended up trading it away because i had other pedal priorities.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Quote by wakytabaki
Personally, I recommend the 95F. I like the Fasel inductor. Although I think many Crybaby wahs come with the Fasel now, but when I got mine it was the only wah on the market with a fasel inductor.

You can always buy a cheap second hand wah off ebay (or elsewhere) and put the fasel in it yourself, which ends up being alot cheaper... as long as you don't wreck the wah somehow when soldering! In fact, alot of the features that the expensive crybabys have, can just be added to a cheap wah. If you search youtube or www.instructables.com you can find videos on how to do it.

In better relevance to your actual question, I used to run my crybaby through a digitech rp50 into a crap old amp. The rp models tend to be very noisy, especially when you have the gain and compressor up at high levels. The wah does add a little bit of noise, but it's nothing to worry about. So you shouldn't bother getting a noise gate. Make sure you run the wah before the rp pedal in the signal path.

yes i will for sure do that, thanks!
Gear:
ESP LTD ALEXI-600
Digitech RP-90
Marshall MG250DFX

24/7
Quote by randomhero93

It being a bad amp is subjective. The dude likes his amp. END. OF. STORY.
One of the best Wah's I have ever owned. I highly recommend it. BTW the RP should have a built in noise gate. I know my rp50 does. Read the book to your RP.
Last edited by DimeLvR at Aug 28, 2009,
Quote by DimeLvR
One of the best Wah's I have ever owned. I highly recommend it. BTW the RP should have a built in noise gate. I know my rp50 does. Read the book to your RP.

Yea i know it does i have had it for 2 years, but its a pretty crappy noise gate :P
Gear:
ESP LTD ALEXI-600
Digitech RP-90
Marshall MG250DFX

24/7
No worries. Just be careful when messing around with the insides of the pedal, as you don't want to stuff it up and then have to start all over again with a different wah. Although even if you did, it would still end up being far cheaper than buying a brand new wah with all the features.

Hope it all works out for ya =)
Quote by wakytabaki
No worries. Just be careful when messing around with the insides of the pedal, as you don't want to stuff it up and then have to start all over again with a different wah. Although even if you did, it would still end up being far cheaper than buying a brand new wah with all the features.

Hope it all works out for ya =)

i just got the pedal the other and attempted what you told me to do and it works perfect. thanks!
Gear:
ESP LTD ALEXI-600
Digitech RP-90
Marshall MG250DFX

24/7
Is it good? I've never tried it, seeing as I try to stay away from Dime-endorsed products and thought Morley was the best wah around.
Quote by mamosa
Is it good? I've never tried it, seeing as I try to stay away from Dime-endorsed products and thought Morley was the best wah around.

Well, the Dime wah is extremely underrated and great. (Wish it was a bit cheaper)

I tried the wah and it is extremely tweakable for any sound you want. With the right tweaking and settings, it can adjust to any sound you want.
Quote by herman ri2
Well, the Dime wah is extremely underrated and great. (Wish it was a bit cheaper)

I tried the wah and it is extremely tweakable for any sound you want. With the right tweaking and settings, it can adjust to any sound you want.

I'll have to try it. My uncle promised me a free wah (I'm sure it's a crappy one, but free is free) but he forgot and I don't want to ask him for it because I'm not that kind of guy.
Quote by mamosa
I'll have to try it. My uncle promised me a free wah (I'm sure it's a crappy one, but free is free) but he forgot and I don't want to ask him for it because I'm not that kind of guy.

If I were you go to a local guitar shop than try the Dime wah there and if you like it, then go on an ad site and buy it. The Dime wah's price is ridiculous.
Have you tried the Morley Bad Horsie II? I have it running through the same amp and its awesome....bit on the pricey side though
http://www.youtube.com/user/RichManofAction

200,000 views and counting!

Quote by Perp8tualMotion
This man gets the big golden popcorn trophy which signifies an exceptionally accurate response.

Gear: Jackson SL2H, DX10DFS, Ibanez Prestige RG, Marshall JCM 2000 DSL
Quote by mamosa

In my opinion it is a great wah, I don't really like Morley's that much. It all really comes down to personal preferences.
Gear:
ESP LTD ALEXI-600
Digitech RP-90
Marshall MG250DFX

24/7