ok...basically my budget is $150-$200 USD
Id go used but preferably new if possible
i DONT want to have to record to a computer
and if possible avoid cassettes.

Any help would be appreciated

If wrong Thread sorry
Crank your rig on 12, let it feedback wide-open for a good two minutes, freak your neighbors out and ENJOY THE POWER OF THE GUITAR! 'Oh, what a feeling,' and it ain't no damned Toyota!" ----Dimebag Darrell
yeah, this probably belongs in the recording section, but anyway...

it'll be hard for to find something for around that price range, but boss offers some stuff you might wanna look into. the problem you're gonna find with the product at this price range for digital 4 tracks is the fact they run of compact flash or sd memory, maybe a hard drive if you're lucky. but you'll find you have to upgrade the sd or flash card... if you have one around it's not a big deal, but i spent 80 bucks on a 1 gig flash card back in the stone age. maybe you can get a 5 gig for 40 bucks now, but either way i would factor that into the cost.

i also have a distaste for bad preamps in recording devices, so i would save up about 500 bucks for a mackie or something if possible, that way you'll have something that'll always be useful and make ya sound good to boot. a good set of preamps can't be ignored. but if you went with a cheap recorder anyway, you could always get a good mixer later to bypass the onboard crappy recording preamps and utilize the better mixer preamps.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Quote by gumbilicious
yeah, this probably belongs in the recording section, but anyway...

it'll be hard for to find something for around that price range, but boss offers some stuff you might wanna look into. the problem you're gonna find with the product at this price range for digital 4 tracks is the fact they run of compact flash or sd memory, maybe a hard drive if you're lucky. but you'll find you have to upgrade the sd or flash card... if you have one around it's not a big deal, but i spent 80 bucks on a 1 gig flash card back in the stone age. maybe you can get a 5 gig for 40 bucks now, but either way i would factor that into the cost.

i also have a distaste for bad preamps in recording devices, so i would save up about 500 bucks for a mackie or something if possible, that way you'll have something that'll always be useful and make ya sound good to boot. a good set of preamps can't be ignored. but if you went with a cheap recorder anyway, you could always get a good mixer later to bypass the onboard crappy recording preamps and utilize the better mixer preamps.

ok then.....thanks Ill save up then and in the mean time ill keep looking, thanks for info!
Crank your rig on 12, let it feedback wide-open for a good two minutes, freak your neighbors out and ENJOY THE POWER OF THE GUITAR! 'Oh, what a feeling,' and it ain't no damned Toyota!" ----Dimebag Darrell