I just got an Ibanez Prestige S2170SE today , and I don't know how to clean the Ebony top it has, repeat TOP not fretboard haha. Do you guys know how to clean this?
Current Gear
Ibanez Prestige S2170SE
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Blackface Head
Soldano 4x12 Slant Cab w/ Eminence Speakers
MXR ZW-44

Want List:
ISP Decimator
Nova Repeater
Maxon OD808
Seymour Duncan Blackouts
i think it still has a satin coat on it though... i'd say just an instrument rag should be fine
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Is that the one with the swirled ebony top? Just a standard guitar polish cloth should do the trick.
Ibanez Jem 7V-WH
PRS Custom 24
ESP Ltd EC1000
when you say top do you mean the head? ive never really had a need to clean any of mine. if they get dusty just a cloth works but ive never had any issues with them needing polished or anything. maybe thats just me though.
Quote by DavesCrusade
when you say top do you mean the head? ive never really had a need to clean any of mine. if they get dusty just a cloth works but ive never had any issues with them needing polished or anything. maybe thats just me though.

Nah he is talking about the actual top. Usually maple on a Les Paul. It's one of the few guitars I've ever seen with an ebony top. I think it's actually got a finish to it though so the cloth is what he should use.
Ibanez Jem 7V-WH
PRS Custom 24
ESP Ltd EC1000
No by top I mean, the equivalent of a maple top on a les paul, but ebony haha
Current Gear
Ibanez Prestige S2170SE
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Blackface Head
Soldano 4x12 Slant Cab w/ Eminence Speakers
MXR ZW-44

Want List:
ISP Decimator
Nova Repeater
Maxon OD808
Seymour Duncan Blackouts
Quote by drCoSmO1
No by top I mean, the equivalent of a maple top on a les paul, but ebony haha

I would imagine it's the same as cleaning any other finish, I use Lizard Spit.
all I ever wanted was to pick apart the day
put the pieces back together my way
Yah it should be finsihed so normal guitar polish and cloth should do the trick. Can you feel the grain on the wood? If so be careful as to not like gobs of polish sit in the nooks and crannies and dry up.
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!