Page 1 of 2
So, today I got to thinking- there HAS to be a better distortion pedal on the market than the standard fare seen here (Metal Muffs, Digitech, Boss, etc). I have seen high market, boutique effects, but no distortion pedal that can really match that of an amp's. So, GG&A, is there such a distortion pedal? I'm not looking for any new gear, so the budget is the limit. The bar none, best distortion pedal out there.
Quote by BeethovensBust
So, today I got to thinking- there HAS to be a better distortion pedal on the market than the standard fare seen here (Metal Muffs, Digitech, Boss, etc). I have seen high market, boutique effects, but no distortion pedal that can really match that of an amp's. So, GG&A, is there such a distortion pedal? I'm not looking for any new gear, so the budget is the limit. The bar none, best distortion pedal out there.

AMT Legend Amps and other AMT pedals
Tech 21 SansAmp
Damage Control
Radial Engineering
Seymour Duncan Twin Tube Mayhem
Protone Body Rot
Zvex Box of ____
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Last edited by WTF!!is a TAB at Aug 27, 2009,
Fulltone GT-500 has to be one of the top.
I have a huge fear if rays.
ibanez jemini
dont take any guff from these bastards man

Quote by Fenderhippie69
I only smoke when I've been drinking and I only drink when I've been smoking.
Depends...after all 'overdrive' and 'distortion' pedals are exactly the same thing - they just mostly use different clipping waveforms and chips to create harsher or more natural sounds.

There are tons and tons of high-end 'distortion' pedals - you need to read up on gear more!

Quote by spiderjerusalem
ibanez jemini

That's essentially just a modded DS1 circuit.
I'll second the Blackstar recommendations, but the new Kasha pedal looks very promising too...
Benford Strat x 2
Burton Strat
Burton Tele
Malden Karma
Lawrence Tele
Squier Deluxe Strat

Valve Junior/Bitmo Modded
Bugera V55HD/412H-BK
Quote by higgins666
BLACKSTAR!!! Any Blackstar pedal is damn good! Hell, they're not so much pedals, as preamps in pedal form, the HT-5 amp uses a pedal for its preamp

You state this like it's a good thing? I was totally unimpressed with my HT-5.
Quote by TheEsupremacy
You state this like it's a good thing? I was totally unimpressed with my HT-5.

From what I can tell, from various players in stores and online forums, you're in the minority.
Benford Strat x 2
Burton Strat
Burton Tele
Malden Karma
Lawrence Tele
Squier Deluxe Strat

Valve Junior/Bitmo Modded
Bugera V55HD/412H-BK
Quote by vintage55
From what I can tell, from various players in stores and online forums, you're in the minority.

Yes, this is true. I stand strongly behind my opinion though. ESPECIALLY for the gain on it, ick. Horses for courses I guess.
Quote by vintage55

Then I conclude the majority to be idiots with no taste in tone.
Quote by vintage55

i also think that the HT-5 is meh

and i really dont like the Blackstar Pedals
feel free to add me
The hermida distortion. its a zendrive with more gain.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Catalinbread Dirty Little Secret!
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
Quote by vintage55

Meh as soon as someone says there the greatest budget amp out there everyone follows like puppies.
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
Digitech Grunge Pedal

HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Guits-
PRS Standard 22 Satin Nitro 2007
PRS 25th Anniversary 513 2010
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro 2012
Gibson Flying V 67 Reissue 1990
Ovation Applause AE 147
Some ratty Concert Guitar that actually sounds decent

Quote by gstacey1
Meh as soon as someone says there the greatest budget amp out there everyone follows like puppies.

This^. + being as affordable as it is, I think it's a first time tube/valve amp for a LOT of people and if I didn't have much to compare it to (tone-wise), I'd probably join the bandwagon of HT-5 love. Unfortunately, I found the tone to be "meh" at best, even as just a "practice" amp.
Quote by gstacey1

+111111
feel free to add me
Quote by gstacey1

Hell, no one believed my Blackstar Preachings that they make really good amps, that was a year before the HT-5 came out, & even after the HT-5 came out & I tried it the month it was released in the UK, people where still saying "Pffft, never heard of Blackstar". But I want to know who made everyone realise that they make good amps
I personally, am In LOVE with the Rocktron Silver dragon....

with a tube change, of course.,
BACK LIKE A HEART ATTACK
Seymour Duncan Twin tube Classic.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
The Digitech Death Metal pedal is nothing short of amazing from what i've heard from friends who are in bands, and its the one im getting.
Boss DS-1

lol
R.I.P. Lester William Polsfuss June 9, 1915–August 13, 2009
Quote by Moggan13
I'm dissapointed by the lack of penis.

If anyone sigs that, i'll fucking kill them.
Quote by Kensai
I'm a good person and I never meet any pretty girls who loves jesus
Quote by mistermikev

feel free to add me
Quote by higgins666
Now that is a nice looking distortion! Any clips?

oh, it clips all the time... got a rotary to select between 12 different clipping stages!!!!!

I don't have a clip of this one yet... but it's a slightly modded tubescreamer and I followed the recipe I used on the one I made this recording with:
(CJOD/TS808 track) http://www.bandmix.com/mistermikev/
Quote by papersun87
I find your lack of MI Audio Crunch Box disturbing.

Me too. Nobody on this forum ever gives that pedal any credit. It's amazing.
Peavey JSX
Traynor YCV
Fender '68 Bassman
Jetter Gain Stage Red OD
MI Audio Crunch Box
Fulltone Choralflange
Fender Strat
Carvin 7 String
Quote by nightraven
really? i see it recommended loads of the time here. that and the OCD seem to be the booteek favourites.

Personally I think the OCD is a bit overrated. I do like it, but it seems as though people think it's the best thing since sliced bread.
I have a huge fear if rays.
Quote by Sam-Harrison
The Digitech Death Metal pedal is nothing short of amazing from what i've heard from friends who are in bands, and its the one im getting.

i smell troll....
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Barber Dirty Bomb, anyone?
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by BeethovensBust

Well, that's your problem, you just tried the mainstream dist pedals. There are awesome dirt pedals
Radial Tonebones
Fulltone
Pigtronix Polysaturator
MI Audio
Lovepedal
And a lot more...
Page 1 of 2