So, I've read ALOT about Floyd Rose systems. And i may have gotten myself all confused.

There are a whole bunch of different Floyd Rose systems eg. Licensed, Original and so on. What I was wondering is are they all actually made by the Floyd Rose company? Or is the Licensed model a standard model they let other companies manufacture for a fee?

Also, does anyone recommend certain Floyd Rose systems over others?

Thanks!
Licensed are like cheaper models that are only "Licensed" by Floyd Rose (Or whoever makes them...)

Most people would say that the best Floyd rose is an Original Floyd Rose, this is only true if you want a floating tremolo. There are also Non-recessed FR's etc.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
OFR's are made by schaller in germany, anything else is a licensed floyd. Some LRF's can be very good, but the majority are unreliable. Every tremolo (or vibrato as it rightfully should be called) is not a floyd, it's just something like kleenex where it is the most notable and therefore everyone calls a vibrato a floyd.

Ibanez vibratos are not floyd rose's, only a few of them are good, bigsby's are different as are fender systems, EBMM systems, etc.

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Quote by SPBY
OFR's are made by schaller in germany, anything else is a licensed floyd. Some LRF's can be very good, but the majority are unreliable. Every tremolo (or vibrato as it rightfully should be called) is not a floyd, it's just something like kleenex where it is the most notable and therefore everyone calls a vibrato a floyd.

Ibanez vibratos are not floyd rose's, only a few of them are good, bigsby's are different as are fender systems, EBMM systems, etc.

Pretty much that^. ( But don't call them vibratos you sound weird ...I kid, I kid.)
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Quote by biga29
Pretty much that^. ( But don't call them vibratos you sound weird ...I kid, I kid.)

i always call it a trem, but they are vibratos not tremolos

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Yeh I noticed that about Ibanez guitars. I thought it would have been floyd rose systems all round considering they have quite a few shredders endorsed, like Vai, Herman Li, Satch etc.

Thanks for the advice =)
Quote by wakytabaki
Yeh I noticed that about Ibanez guitars. I thought it would have been floyd rose systems all round considering they have quite a few shredders endorsed, like Vai, Herman Li, Satch etc.

Thanks for the advice =)

they are trem's and essentially the same, just made a little differently and by Ibanez so that they can push up the price on their own guitars by using all ibanez made parts. The ZR's and Edge Pros are good but some of the Ibanez trems can suck really bad.

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Quote by biga29
Licensed are like cheaper models that are only "Licensed" by Floyd Rose (Or whoever makes them...)

Most people would say that the best Floyd rose is an Original Floyd Rose, this is only true if you want a floating tremolo. There are also Non-recessed FR's etc.

qft
Set Up:
Guitars:
Schecter Hellraiser C-1FR
ESP LTD EX-401
AMP: Peavey Vypyr Tube 60W
Sanpera Footpedal