i really want to learn some new insane metal solos and feel like i need some new bands!!

the stuff i am already learning and aware of is all shall perish, dream theater, nevermore, buckethead, all that remains, rusty cooley, the faceless, etc.

no 80's metal shred tho as i know about most of it.

im talking about difficulty level 10/10 here.

THANKS!
GO FUSION!

Holdsworth, Lane, Al Di Meola, McLaughlin, Gambale, Marshall Harrison (he doesn't have any albums, but check his Youtube stuff. It's freakin' amazing), Greg Howe, many many more...
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
Quote by guitarsftw
GO FUSION!

Holdsworth, Lane, Al Di Meola, McLaughlin, Gambale, Marshall Harrison (he doesn't have any albums, but check his Youtube stuff. It's freakin' amazing), Greg Howe, many many more...

nvm
I agree with Shawn Lane and Greg Howe. But I would go for some Jason Becker. Altitudes is such a fun song to play. Especially when it goes into the crazy sweeping part.
Or some Cacophony (still Jason Becker, but with Marty Friedman this time).

Or check out some Firewind. Gus G. is quite the badass. The Fire and The Fury is a pretty beast song.
Symphony X
"Fly with me forever high
And with these wings
We'll set the world on fire
Fly with me through scorching skies
You and I - The lie of lies"

-Symphony X
Quote by mashedpotatoes
Don't forget Paul Gilbert

yeah ive learnned some paul gilbert..intro to eudumonia overture is my favorite to play
Quote by MetalUpYourRear
I agree with Shawn Lane and Greg Howe. But I would go for some Jason Becker. Altitudes is such a fun song to play. Especially when it goes into the crazy sweeping part.
Or some Cacophony (still Jason Becker, but with Marty Friedman this time).

Or check out some Firewind. Gus G. is quite the badass. The Fire and The Fury is a pretty beast song.

thanks for recommending specific songs. im kinda curious what people can come up with in terms of the most difficult shred songs out there as well as the artists that play them.
Guthrie Govan? Waves, Fives, Sevens, Ner Ner etc. Many good songs and it's hard stuff as well.
I've heard it both ways
Quote by Siggelump
Guthrie Govan? Waves, Fives, Sevens, Ner Ner etc. Many good songs and it's hard stuff as well.

guthrie indeed.

michael romeo, marty friedman, jason becker, mattias IA eklundh, RON JARZOMBEK (especially his stuff with spastick ink)

a portion of a piece by Franz Liszt arranged for guitar by Marshall Harrison
Quote by AA00P
Quote by guitarsftw

a portion of a piece by Franz Liszt arranged for guitar by Marshall Harrison

ab irato grande etude de perfectionnement. pretty cool. do u tap the notes on the 22 or 24? i can see it going either way really.
Quote by lobster624
guthrie indeed.

michael romeo, marty friedman, jason becker, mattias IA eklundh, RON JARZOMBEK (especially his stuff with spastick ink)

im lovin this guy. "fives" is nauseatingly good
Quote by Sarin v2
ab irato grande etude de perfectionnement. pretty cool. do u tap the notes on the 22 or 24? i can see it going either way really.

no, every note is picked
Quote by AA00P
Quote by guitarsftw
no, every note is picked

dude that guy must be a ****ing mutant. Check out Joe stump's Night of the Living Shred. Hard to find but worth it.
Schecter flying tiger, Boss ME-20, zakk wylde micro stack

Currently listening to: Bonded by blood (vengeance), Municipal Waste (shredded offering), Gama Bomb (last ninjas unite)
Jason Becker.
His album Perpetual Burn is amazing, best shred ever.

Also Cacophony ^^
Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
You wither, and die. I am eternal, the pinnacle of evolution and existence. I am beyond your comprehension. I am Kurai.