Heart break again first with my kingston now with this. I bought a neck for about fifty dollars to put on my Harmony guitar. Wouldn't you know it the damn thing doesn't fit and the screw holes line up just enough to where. I can't drill new ones because I would be drilling into the preexisting ones. So is there anything I can do or is it a hopeless case?

I know it's just an old Harmony but I like it because it was the first guitar I modified

The neck

Thanks
Fill the current holes with wood dowels and wood glue, wait a day then sand them down so theyre level with the rest of the neck pocket, then drill new holes
Impossible is Nothing
Quote by solomon684
Fill the current holes with wood dowels and wood glue, wait a day then sand them down so theyre level with the rest of the neck pocket, then drill new holes
Good advice. This is the proper way to do it. You can also do it by soaking some toothpicks in wood glue and then forcing as many into each hole as you can, but a good doweling is better.
Quote by Øttər
Ninja, I dunno who you are but I like you.... so far....
Quote by Shaggy Shadric
My Teddy bear is God. DO NOT QUESTION MY TEDDY!
Quote by MatrixClaw
It's a good thing I like boobs or I'd be more pissed that you just bumped a 2 week old thread for that

Not part of the Bass Militia
Quote by solomon684

I fully endorse this post and verify that it will solve your problem.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
You should use dowels, but its not critical. I put an RG neck on my S540, and I had the same problem. I didnt have any dowels, so I just put wood glue into the holes. I had to do it twice, because the glue takes a long time to actually fill down into the hole, then you need to put more in to fill the top. I probably should have used dowels, but it still worked fine.
^ excellent advice

if you use anything other than a drill press, simply get a sharp object (like a pin or maybe even a knife) and make a small indention or hole where you want the center of the hole to be. this will keep the bit from walking.

obviously a drill press is best because it will drill perpendicular to the neck, provided your drill press' table is level and the neck is level in the vise.

all this may seem overly complicated, but it goes a long way in getting professional results.