Hey guys, I've been working on my sweeps about an hour a day for a couple of weeks. My method is really simple, I'm starting on the metronome at 50 bpm. One not per a click is how I'm dividing the beats up. I usually practice 4 to 5 different shapes during this hour period. I'm hoping this will help me advance with sweeps, but I'm not sure. Is this method a good way for learning my sweeps? Any tips would be appreciated.
Last edited by TriviumFan717 at Aug 28, 2009,
i've been doin the same thing for a while....hopefully we're doin it right :]

sorry that didnt help, but seeing as you like Trivium as well..
the sweep section in "Detonation" has really helped me get some 5 string shapes down.
except i do three notes per click.
that and the sweeping section in "Sworn" for easy 3 string sweeps
Last edited by Sludgemunsta at Aug 28, 2009,
Yes, thats a great way to learn them. Be sure to focus on what your doing right and wrong with them, not just do it for an hour like a chore. Things like effieciency of motion, good muting technique and general accuracy contribute to playing them properly. You've got the right idea though, good luck!
Im working on my sweeps as well but im doing the same thing with the sweeping solo from selkies: and endless obsession by between the buried and me. It has a couple different shapes, some easy tapping, and 3 and 5 string sweeps, so im getting a good variety
50 bpm at one note per beat is less than 1 note per second, I would suggest starting a little faster. Maybe like 100 bpm.
Quote by betrayedloyalty
Im working on my sweeps as well but im doing the same thing with the sweeping solo from selkies: and endless obsession by between the buried and me. It has a couple different shapes, some easy tapping, and 3 and 5 string sweeps, so im getting a good variety

I just discovered BTBAM a while ago, and I have to say, that is one of the BEST songs to practice sweeping. It's not insanely fast, and it uses some essential shapes! I really recommend people use it, or learn it, to improve their sweeping
Quote by sporkman7
so what wierd things can u guys do? no not like laser vision or meat vision or something, but like random stuff that usually comes in handy