Hey guys, I'm sure this has been answered a million times. But what would be a good boost pedal for a Orange Rockoverb 50 watt head I have. I need something for a boost for my leads.

What is the best boost these days? there is so many.

Thanks,
Last edited by Musical rebirth at Aug 28, 2009,
A boss sd-1 or similar tubescreamer style overdrive....I've been using my dod 250 lately again and its sounding sweet....never played through an orange amp but I've found boss pedals pretty universal
Fender 70s Ri Strats w/various Dimarzios
Modded 1982 Marshall JCM800 2203

Boss DS-1,Dunlop Crybaby,MXR Phase 90,Ibanez AD9,Boss CH-1

Check out randy dobsons underground ,tell me what you think
Quote by Musical rebirth
Hey guys, I'm sure this has been answered a million times. But what would be a good boost pedal for a Orange Rockoverb 50 watt head I have. I need something for a boost for my leads.

What is the best boost these days? there is so many.

Thanks,

You want a boost with an Orange Rockerverb?...

I would say a Fulltone, or even just the MXR Boost will do you well. The Keeley Java Boost is my personal fav, but rather pricey.

EDIT:Boss pedals, universal? Lulz. They are about as universal as a drive around Rosie O Donnell's ego.
Ibanez RG120
Schecter C-1 Classic
Bugera 6262 w/ Mesa Boogie Rectifier 4x12
Morley Bad Horsie Wah
Boss DD-7
Boss MT-2 (Keeley modded)

GODDAMMIT I need a G Decimator...
Last edited by ZeroCS at Aug 28, 2009,
Quote by ZeroCS
You want a boost with an Orange Rockerverb?...

I would say a Fulltone, or even just the MXR Boost will do you well. The Keeley Java Boost is my personal fav, but rather pricey.

EDIT:Boss pedals, universal? Lulz. They are about as universal as a drive around Rosie O Donnell's ego.

Well I guess I shoulda said they sound good through all the gear I've ever had lol
Fender 70s Ri Strats w/various Dimarzios
Modded 1982 Marshall JCM800 2203

Boss DS-1,Dunlop Crybaby,MXR Phase 90,Ibanez AD9,Boss CH-1

Check out randy dobsons underground ,tell me what you think
Quote by rdobson2
Well I guess I shoulda said they sound good through all the gear I've ever had lol

Whatever floats your boat buddy.

They're awesome mod pedals and Monte Allum and Keeley can turn them in to SICK pedals, stock they're rather bland at what they're made for. My Metal Zone sounds so muddy, I can't wait to get the Monte Allum Sustainia Tri-Gain mod for this thing, should be a fun project.

Woops, here I go ranting.
Ibanez RG120
Schecter C-1 Classic
Bugera 6262 w/ Mesa Boogie Rectifier 4x12
Morley Bad Horsie Wah
Boss DD-7
Boss MT-2 (Keeley modded)

GODDAMMIT I need a G Decimator...
the only thing I'd even think about using to boost an Orange is a Timmy.
Are you looking for an overdrive or boost? Overdrives will vary greatly between companies and models. Boosts on the other hand will pretty much be the same. Only varying on how much they color the signal, bypass, and the amount of boost that can be applied to the signal.
I use a maxon od808 and love it. You can turn the gain down and balance all the way up for a clean boost or add some gain for a little more grit and a different tone.
Catalinbread Serrano Picoso.
EDIT: I forgot about the Catalinbread Super Chili Picoso. That's another great one.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Last edited by Dr.Pain-MD at Aug 28, 2009,
If you're just looking for a boost to make your solos louder (Only a volume boost and nothing else) I suggest getting an Electro Harmonix LPB-1 and putting it in your FX loop and it'll add as much volume as you want it too without altering your sound, and it's very affordable at $40.
if you're goin for tubescreamers buy Maxon..... better... and the 808 is cheaper than the ibanez.. not true bypass though
Fender Strat 60th Anniv HotRoded
others

Marshall 1980 JMP 2203
Marshall JCM900 1960A Cab
Valve Jr.

VOX v847a Modded
EHX Small Clone Modded
Maxon OD-820
MXR 1978 Flanger
Digitech Whammy
TC Polytune
Custom LPB-1 Boost
Quote by Dr.Pain-MD
Catalinbread Serrano Picoso.
EDIT: I forgot about the Catalinbread Super Chili Picoso. That's another great one.

+1

To be honest though, unless you're massively fussy about trasparency etc there's no need to spend a ton. A simple TS808/TS9 clone will do the job perfectly.
If you need a clean boost, don't get a tubescreamer FFS, get a clean boost.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Quote by Dr.Pain-MD
If you need a clean boost, don't get a tubescreamer FFS, get a clean boost.

What's wrong with using a TS as a clean boost? Mine is pretty transparent except for a slight increase in mids, which I like anyway.
Durham Sex Drive for clean boost.

you favorite flavor of tubescreamer types for OD... 808, OCD, etc...

I personally like Radial's Tonebone Classic and T-Rex MAB OD, but I often find myself in a minority there (I believe few people have honestly tried them).
Keeley Katana, xotic ac/rc/bb depending on what you're looking for. Fulltone fat boost, bmf effects fat bastard (he's offering them at something like 35% off right now, just ordered one). Tim/Timmy like Al said, super chili picoso like Pain MD said. You really need to try them with your set-up.
Quote by kyle62
What's wrong with using a TS as a clean boost? Mine is pretty transparent except for a slight increase in mids, which I like anyway.

get your ears checked.

trasparent?

huge mid boost, loss of bass response, loads of compression, yadda yadda yadda.
i love that sound, but it certainly isnt transparent.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
A clean boost is what I need, I think anyways. I don't need to modify my tone just need to make it louder for solo's and other such lead work.

I figured there is probably 100 that do a clean boost, just looking for the best bang for my buck.
Well, if you want bang for your buck, the MXR/CAE Booster is well liked and is supposed to sound great.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

The mxr cae boost is a great clean boost and does not color your tone one bit. And I'm not just saying that because I'm selling one pm me if you are interested. cheers
I would rather be a good liver than have one