I may be able to get my hands on a mesa single rectifier solo head for $700. I was initially looking at a 5150 head but this seemed like a great deal.

What are some of your thoughts on the amp?

I play mostly high gain stuff although i would like some versitility. I dont plan on gigging until the spring.
Gear:
Schecter c1+
Peavey Raptor exp

Vox ad30vt
Single Recto > 5150
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Single rec=tasty crunchy goodness....and 50 watts is so angry at live volume levels.
7 string Legion 7 > 6 Do mosh pits warm your heart? Then become a SECOND RATE CITIZEN.....better than the worst!
Quote by ragingkitty
Single Recto > 5150

Normally I'd be all for the Mesas, but I have yet to try a Single Recto I liked the sound of.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Thanks for the input guys. Ill be test driving it hopefuly later today .
Gear:
Schecter c1+
Peavey Raptor exp

Vox ad30vt
Quote by MatrixClaw

Normally I'd be all for the Mesas, but I have yet to try a Single Recto I liked the sound of.

I found one once........ Only conclusion I could make of it was it was modded and I didnt know it or it was touched by the hand of god. Sounded amazing, great at low volumes and super easy to eq. And then the punch line, i didnt have the cash to buy it
Quote by IbanezPsycho
I found one once........ Only conclusion I could make of it was it was modded and I didnt know it or it was touched by the hand of god. Sounded amazing, great at low volumes and super easy to eq. And then the punch line, i didnt have the cash to buy it

My experiences with them are quite the opposite. The last one I used in a studio was the muddiest, grossest amp I've ever heard, and I know how to work the EQs on Rectos...
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by _DeX_
Thanks for the input guys. Ill be test driving it hopefuly later today .

Download the manual and do some reading on the controls, it'll help give some insight into the way these things work.
Epi Les Paul-APH1/Mean 90
MIM Strat

Korg DTR1000
ADA MP-1
Mesa/Boogie Quad Pre
Mesa/Boogie Midi Matrix
<power amp>

Quote by rhcp_freak
If you're EQ'd loose, you'll sound loose anyway.
Quote by MatrixClaw

My experiences with them are quite the opposite. The last one I used in a studio was the muddiest, grossest amp I've ever heard, and I know how to work the EQs on Rectos...

+1

I have yet to find another one like it .. And most of the time I have horrible luck with anything with recto in the name.