Not too long ago I received a bass guitar that used to belong to a relative who lived far away, so I don't know much about it. It has no indication of a brand, but on the back of the neck there is a plate that says "Steel reinforced neck. Made in Japan"

A couple quick notes: I added new knobs and a bridge cover (which it was lacking). Those were both Fender parts. It normally has two switches but I had to remove that part temporarily. When both switches were pushed down it acted as a kill switch.

Because of the headstock and compatibility with those Fender parts, I assume its some kind of Fender knock off. Also, not all size strings fit on this guitar. I had get thinner ones because others were too big to fit.

Any information about this bass would be greatly appreciated
Attachments:
hand big.jpg
headstock small.jpg
leaning.jpg
closeup smallest.jpg
The body looks like a Mosrite. The authentic ones were made in Japan in the 70's. The headstock does make it look like a Fender knockoff though. Idk if Mosrite ever copied Fender headstocks...but look into Mosrite. My friend has a Mosrite Avenger guitar that his dad got in the 70's, and it was appraised for 10 grand. So do some research man...
Gear:
80's Fender P-Lyte Bass
Hartke 1x15 and 4x10 bass stack
Fender Strat HSS
Fender Super Champ XD
Ibanez Tube Screamer TS9
Epiphone Acoustic/Electric
Trying to get...Epiphone Viola Bass/Hummingbird.
I am not sure, but it appears you may have a Teisco / Beltone bass. There are a tonne of Teisco bass sites out there, I'd start with those.
About the neck question. I don't think it is.. But how do I check that?
Quote by anarkee
I am not sure, but it appears you may have a Teisco / Beltone bass. There are a tonne of Teisco bass sites out there, I'd start with those.

This sounds right, I was looking at all these oldies electric guitars (big fan of the 50s-60s lookin electrics) And that sounds and looks about right for the Teisco / Beltone suggestion of Anarkee.
Try adding more delay.
Quote by Jfsmith
About the neck question. I don't think it is.. But how do I check that?

IS THE NECK LIKE REAL LONG, WIDE FRETS?
Yeah, I was looking at some Teiso's and they were very similar. I haven't seen very many basses that have the same style pick guard as mine though.

And sorry dude, mainly play guitar, not bass as much, so I'm not too sure. I'm assuming that it's not though. It has 22 frets and doesn't seem to be bigger that other basses I've seen.
do you have a yardstick or measuring tape or something with which you could measure the distance from the nut to the bridge saddles?
-
-
--
---
-----
--------
-------------
Yay fibonacci!
that would make it a 35" scale then, which is long scale
-
-
--