After I upgrade my bass amp and get a new guitar, I'll be looking to get a new amp. Which of these would best suit me?

Peavey 6505 112 Combo
Peavey ValveKing 100
Vox AC100CPH

I play Metallica, alternative rock, hard rock, and a little classic rock.

Oh, and the budget would be about $600 or less (I'll have a cab when I upgrade my bass amp).
Vox.

Although if you're not all that much in to doing classic rock and find it more of an occasional thing, go 6505.
Ibanez RG120
Schecter C-1 Classic
Bugera 6262 w/ Mesa Boogie Rectifier 4x12
Morley Bad Horsie Wah
Boss DD-7
Boss MT-2 (Keeley modded)

GODDAMMIT I need a G Decimator...
^ that
Quote by ThinLizzyFan
I love you

Who's in a bunker?
Who's in a bunker?
Women and children first
And the children first
And the children
go for the 6505. you should also look into a Laney Gh50l. its a pretty good sounding head and its pretty versatile.

Although, i have a 5150 and people say there only good for metal but i can get pretty good tones for rock and good clean sounds with some minor tweeking.
www.myspace.com/wearedraind
My Rig:
ESP LTD MH401NT
ESP LTD EX-400BD (two of them)
Peavey 5150
Mesa 4x12 Straightback Slant cab loaded with v30's
Quote by Draind
go for the 6505. you should also look into a Laney Gh50l. its a pretty good sounding head and its pretty versatile.

Although, i have a 5150 and people say there only good for metal but i can get pretty good tones for rock and good clean sounds with some minor tweeking.

That's a bit out of the budget.

How are the cleans on the 6505? I'm really picky about my cleans and how they sound.
If you can't get an AC50, I'd go with the 100.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by Alex Vik
That's a bit out of the budget.

How are the cleans on the 6505? I'm really picky about my cleans and how they sound.

depends. if its the 6505 then the cleans are going to ok. you can make them better with a sonic maximizer or some other effects. the fact that the amp has only one eq for both clean and lead channels makes you choose if you want to tailor your clean tone or lead tone.

but its its the 6505 plus you have more options because now you have independent eqs for lead and cleans.

if cleans are a really big deal to you the 6505 will leave much to be desired in cleans but its great when it comes to gain.
My Rig:
ESP LTD MH401NT
Peavey 5150
Quote by Draind
depends. if its the 6505 then the cleans are going to ok. you can make them better with a sonic maximizer or some other effects. the fact that the amp has only one eq for both clean and lead channels makes you choose if you want to tailor your clean tone or lead tone.

but its its the 6505 plus you have more options because now you have independent eqs for lead and cleans.

if cleans are a really big deal to you the 6505 will leave much to be desired in cleans but its great when it comes to gain.

Well, it's this one, and it looks like it has two EQs. http://www.guitarcenter.com/Peavey-6505-112-60W-1x12--Tube-Combo-Guitar-Amp-582106-i1445921.gc

I'm more picky about my cleans than my distortion, so I may go with a Vox and a pedal.
I'd grab the 6505 for sure.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Quote by Alex Vik
Well, it's this one, and it looks like it has two EQs. http://www.guitarcenter.com/Peavey-6505-112-60W-1x12--Tube-Combo-Guitar-Amp-582106-i1445921.gc

I'm more picky about my cleans than my distortion, so I may go with a Vox and a pedal.

yeah that has the separate channel eqs. The vox will do you good tho. the best thing to do is try each amp out if you can
My Rig:
ESP LTD MH401NT
Peavey 5150
Quote by Draind
yeah that has the separate channel eqs. The vox will do you good tho. the best thing to do is try each amp out if you can

Ok, I'll attempt to get to Guitar Center sometime.

How would this cab be for when I save up enough for a guitar cab?

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Vox-Custom-Classic-V412BN-120W-4x12-Guitar-Extension-Cabinet-Brown-103243499-i1153344.gc
Quote by Alex Vik

How would this cab be for when I save up enough for a guitar cab?

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Vox-Custom-Classic-V412BN-120W-4x12-Guitar-Extension-Cabinet-Brown-103243499-i1153344.gc

that all depends on the amp you decide to get. i dont think a 6505 would sound too great with that cab but if your getting a combo it doesnt really matter.

for a cab your might want to look into craigslist for a Marshall 1960s cab. theyre great cabs and play well with almost any head.
My Rig:
ESP LTD MH401NT
Peavey 5150
Vox
just get a Distortion pedal (Barber Dirty Bomb, AMT R1 etc.) for metal
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by Alex Vik

Also try a Sam Ash.

Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
Vox
just get a Distortion pedal (Barber Dirty Bomb, AMT R1 etc.) for metal

probably wouldn't need it really. the 50 and 100 get pretty heavy.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020
Also try a Sam Ash.

probably wouldn't need it really. the 50 and 100 get pretty heavy.

oh didnt know that
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me