Theirs a custom shop in my Area that makes guitars out of recycled Aluminum, from airplanes I think. They say they have have a rather warm sound, even though most would think they'd have a real tinny and bright one. Has anyone played a Aluminum guitar, or own one? How do they sound, and how do they hold up over time?
you mean something like this?
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
They get a descent sound, but they're heavy as a f***ing brick.
sorry Gregs1020, but altough the custom shops usually make hollowbodies, they are just normal hollowbodies made out of Aluminum. also to pwrmax, I don't care if it's heavy, I actually like a heavier guitar, just wondering how they sound and how they last. If, and this is a very large if, I was to pick one up, it be used to play blues.
Quote by ^-^
sorry Gregs1020, but altough the custom shops usually make hollowbodies, they are just normal hollowbodies made out of Aluminum. .

I'd rock out on that ****. get one.
Guys, it's not a Dobro.

TS - I've heard that aluminium guitars get excellent resonance. I can't see why it'd be heavy though, seeing as aluminium is pretty light...
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Seems like itd be fun to have and try.

*Off-Topic* Did you get your name from hunter x hunter Kurapica?
MAB has a guitar made of soild 6000 grade aluminum
I play Lacrosse, you should too
Quote by reeses
heed this man's suggestion, for he is wise.

Aww shucks...

Quote by Tom 1.0
Oh and wait for the Schecter fan boys, if you listen real hard you can already hear them coming.
Quote by FingersOfNewby1
Seems like itd be fun to have and try.

*Off-Topic* Did you get your name from hunter x hunter Kurapica?

Indeed I did. I used to be really into all that jazz when I was younger, but the name kind of stuck as most userboards don't have anybody called that. Tastes kind of changed over time, but I'm now living in Korea, so I guess not that much!
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Quote by RozzLe
thats wayyy too clangy for my taste

it ain't for everyone that's for sure. but i'd sell my soul to have chops like that.

ring, ring, hello?
Quote by RozzLe
thats wayyy too clangy for my taste

I like twangy stuff for slide, if it was a plain acoustic I would think it was terrible
I play Lacrosse, you should too
Quote by reeses
heed this man's suggestion, for he is wise.

Aww shucks...

Quote by Tom 1.0
Oh and wait for the Schecter fan boys, if you listen real hard you can already hear them coming.
I believe the place is Normandy guitars. I'm not a big fan of a clangy, or twangy tone, but they say that their very warm sounding. Unfortunatly, my computer won't load their site. Does anyone know about how much a decent build would cost?