Well to cut this down easily, I can't decide on what amp to get. I'm looking at between a Line 6 Flextone III (used) and a Peavey Vypyr 75. My musical style ranges all the way from clean and bluesy stuff, to classic rock, to T3H BR00T4LZ metal. I can't really get a tube amp cause I live in an apartment with my family and I won't be able to crank the thing . I really like both amps, however the Vypyr has a headphone jack which is great for me.
yes.

on another note. i would go with the vyper.

although you found that awesome deal . i still tihnk vyper.
My Rig
------------------
Schecter Damien 6 (mod with 81/85 emg)
Ibanez Xiphos
Peavey Vypyr Tube 120 <3
Digitech RP250 (for Sale)
Last edited by Shpunt at Aug 28, 2009,
vyper for broot4lz pl0x
My Rig
------------------
Schecter Damien 6 (mod with 81/85 emg)
Ibanez Xiphos
Peavey Vypyr Tube 120 <3
Digitech RP250 (for Sale)
Vypyr is good for br00t4ls and sounds better than a Spider.

BTW, better you keep solid state amps on low volumes.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Quote by JesusCrisp
Vypyr is good for br00t4ls and sounds better than a Spider.

BTW, better you keep solid state amps on low volumes.

Who said anything about a Spider?
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
wow man,i'm almost in the exact situation like you:can't decide between the flextone and the vypyr 30.but in the end i think i'm gonna go with the vypyr and the sanpera II footswitch.
this guy on youtube shows some examples of what vypyr can do:http://www.youtube.com/user/mattrocks01 check out his videos(the "vypyr experience" parts).
let me know what you decide.
“Any problem you can't solve with a good guitar, is either, unsolvable or isn't a problem.”
Quote by consecutive e
Who said anything about a Spider?

Apparently he somehow knows that I have a Spider and i'm trying to upgrade it

Well I still can't decide. I like how the Vypyr has a built-in looper and some more effects, but can anyone tell me how the Vypyr and Flextone would do something such as metalcore?
I understand the question, but to clear it up, the Flextone is a far superior amp in any field. Having a headphone jack is not that important, in my eyes anyway, as you don't need to play it past 7 o'clock to reach better tones. It can be at the lowest volumes position possible and it will sound the same. So, unless you'll have neighbours who can't even stand low television volumes, you shouldn't have any problem.
Quote by AngryGoldfish
I understand the question, but to clear it up, the Flextone is a far superior amp in any field. Having a headphone jack is not that important, in my eyes anyway, as you don't need to play it past 7 o'clock to reach better tones. It can be at the lowest volumes position possible and it will sound the same. So, unless you'll have neighbours who can't even stand low television volumes, you shouldn't have any problem.

The main problem for me isn't my neighbors, it's my family. I don't have my own room, so my parents try to make me play through headphones a lot
Oh, I see. Well, I'd suggest looking elsewhere then, if you haven't already done so. The Vypyr is a decent starter amp, but that's about it. Unfortunately, I'm not aware of many amps that have the option to use your headphones, but I'll take a quick look.

edit: I think the new Vox VT series has a headphone-out. They are very nice amps for the money. They don't quite suit the br00talz as well as the Flextone would, but it's very diverse, nonetheless.
As is the Vox DA20.

Kustom make a few amps with a headphone-out. Check HC for reviews as I've never played them.

The Blackstar HT-5 has one, to my knowledge. That's a great little amp. Very popular around these parts.

The Roland Cube 30X has one. It's a slightly better amp than the Vypyr, although it's not quite as diverse.

The Hughes&Kettner Blue is another amp to look into.
Last edited by AngryGoldfish at Aug 28, 2009,
Well i'm thinking that I can have my parents deal with it. What about buying a volume pedal for the Flextone? Would it be better in front of the amp or in the effects loop? I'm planning on buying the FBV Shortboard for the Flextone if I get it, but at times i'd like to use the wah along with the volume pedal.
That won't do anything that the amp can't do already. Like I said, you can turn the amp down incredibly low. A volume pedal would, unless you were going to buy one anyway, be a waste of money.
Alright man, thanks for the help everyone!

EDIT: HELL YES! I read the Flextone manual off of the Line 6 website and i found out that it has a headphones output! Score!
Last edited by DGor at Aug 28, 2009,