Hey guys, i'm actually a bassist but i do play guitar every now and then. The problem im having is that i cant do proper power chord switches if its slightly fast..

My ring finger and pinky get left out.

For example : For whom the bell tolls

e:------------------------------------|
B:------------------------------------|
G:------------------------------------|
D:-2-5-4-3--2-5-4-3--2-5-4-3--2-5-4-5-|   X3
A:-2-5-4-3--2-5-4-3--2-5-4-3--2-5-4-7-|
E:-0-3-2-1--0-3-2-1--0-3-2-1--0-3-2-7-|
 PM. . . .  . . . .  . . . .  . . . ..

Help me out guys !!
Last edited by epcifail at Aug 28, 2009,
practice. just practice. thats the only thing you can do.
In speed versus emotional playing, i think of an M16 versus an M24. You can have 650 rounds per minute, or one round, one kill. Both should be in your arsenal.

PSN and XBL: xxWONDERxxBOYxx
Leave a message that you're from UG with your username
hi, i just tried this, i think its just the amount of time you put into practicing it and you are ok. if you wanna play it sloppy, you could always just slide down then slide up ;p

but if you want to simplify it, dont use your ring/pinky together. you can hold down the frets with say just your pointer(root) and your ring/pinky for the other 2 frets

2 finger powerchords are harder for me cause they need more pressure to make sure both strings have good contact
Quote by iampeter
hi, i just tried this, i think its just the amount of time you put into practicing it and you are ok. if you wanna play it sloppy, you could always just slide down then slide up ;p

but if you want to simplify it, dont use your ring/pinky together. you can hold down the frets with say just your pointer(root) and your ring/pinky for the other 2 frets

2 finger powerchords are harder for me cause they need more pressure to make sure both strings have good contact

Yeah i used to that. but it turned out to be harder..
A good way to practice moving power chords, is to start by moving them back and forth one fret at a time. Like this...
e-----------------------------------------
B-----------------------------------------
G-----------------------------------------
D---5-6-5-6-5--------------------------
A---5-6-5-6-5--------------------------
E---3-4-3-4-3--------------------------

Go slowly. Accuracy, not speed should be your focus. Gradually build speed. Once you can do one fret, try two, then three and so on. Also try changing chords with the root on the 6th string to ones on the 5th string. Like this...

e----------------------
B----------------------
G-----5----5----------
D---5-5-5-5----------
A---5-3-5-3-----------
E---3---3--------------
There's my way and the wrong way.
just practice more. Your fingers arent moving they are all in the same position, your are just moving them up the frets. Personally with me power chords are rediculously easy once you have them down, and sliding all over the fretboard is not a problem. I just slightly lift my fingers and slide down to the next chord. Once you get it, you'll have them down in no time.
2 note power chords are even easier in my opinion but thats just me. Practice is the only thing that will make you any better though
--Clips in profile! comment please!--
Guitars
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Schecter Solo-6 Limited
Takamine G330H

Amps
Line 6 Vetta
Carvin X100B

Pedals
cmatmods Signa Drive, Brownie, and Boost
Morley Bad Horsie 2 Wah
MXR 10 band EQ
Yeah, well thanks guys im practicing like 5 hours a day on guitar and 3 on bass.. im pretty sure ill get the hang of it eventually.