Apple Macintosh

Fender Stratocaster Highway one HSS USA

Marshall DSL50 British green
You're not going to get the slash tone from a strat no matter what pickup you use. A lot of the pickups your asking about are high output humbuckers. They won't mix well with the single coils in the neck and middle unless you change those too. If you decide to go with a high output bridge pickup, I would recommend putting some rail pickups in the other positions so switching won't be as drastic and it'll actually be usable in all situations.
Also what amp are you using?

But yeah, you're not gong to get anywhere close to Slash's tone with a strat no matter what pickups you have.

Seriously, you don't need pickups - I know they sound like a cool idea but they're not an issue for you at this stage.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Aug 28, 2009,
Ok thanks for your advice,
I will open a thread about what new guitar would be best for me.

I use a Marshall DSL 50 (British Green!)
Apple Macintosh

Fender Stratocaster Highway one HSS USA

Marshall DSL50 British green
Slash has the classic les paul/marshall tone in a lot of ways similar to jimmy page and joe perry .. And having those 2 things is about the only way to get it....but you got a marshall....I don't know anything about your model...is it tube?

Pickups are not gonna make your basswood(just guessing) strat sound like a mahogany les paul....if you were really pressed about his tone try saving up for an epiphone les paul? They make a slash sig model that are usually really cheap on ebay...it looks kinda gay though with its black hardware though lol
Fender 70s Ri Strats w/various Dimarzios
Modded 1982 Marshall JCM800 2203

Boss DS-1,Dunlop Crybaby,MXR Phase 90,Ibanez AD9,Boss CH-1

Check out randy dobsons underground ,tell me what you think
Your not gonna a Slash tone with a strat no matter what. But if you want to swap out the stock strat pickups then I could help . I had a SSS 88 American made Strat, and I swaped the bridge pickup for a Dimazio Super Distortion Humbucker and it sounds great. Great cleans out of the neck pipups and when you need to play something heavy go to the bridge and its got everything you need.
My Rig
Mesa Triple Rectifier Half Stack
Jackson USA King V 2
1988 American Made Strat
Epiphone Les Paul Custom w/Bigsby
Line 6 Spider III 75 Watt
The humbucker in an american strat should be pretty good quality already.....in my opinion....but if your gonna swap it with a dimarzio or duncan that's cool just get the slash sound out of your head till you get a les paul guitar or eqivalent

Oh and I just realized your amp was a dsl....that's a good amp man...very good...you should be able to draw some sweet tones out of your gear you have already!!.