so, my band is currently made of a half decent bass player, a awsome (i mean expert) keyboardist, and me on guitar and singing.

we all met in high school, and now that im in collage i met up with a old friend whos a awsome singer, and a bass player whos supposed to be ten times better then my current bass player, and a drummer whos willing to join in if i get the bassist and singer.

the bass player thats playin in my band is only temperary, so we really only have a fill in bass player.

this is what my band sounds like currently, (with the original three members i mentioned. the cover starts after a few seconds in the video.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O616d0ypv6A&feature=channel_page

so to get to the point if i decide to bring the singer and bassist into the band, we'll probably do mostly punk and alternative, seeing how im not the greatest guitarist yet, and most of my songs are made through power chords.

what are some good punk and alternative bands that i could listen to and start learning? most of our songs will be original but i wanna be able to do covers too.

i already know rise against (my favorite band)
and rancid. but i dont know many other bands.
rise against fan

Quote by Andrea55
My favorite anteater.

Quote by trueamerican
Not only do you have good taste in music, but you have good taste in politics
Last edited by k-train at Aug 28, 2009,
Husker Du, The Replacements, Shellac, XTC, Meat Puppets, Minutemen, Wire, Stooges, New York Dolls, MC5.
Punk-The Ramones,Sex Pistols,Stiff Little Fingers,Green Day(dookie era),The Offspring,Blink-182,and Bad Brains
Alternative-Nirvana,Alice In Chains,Smashing Pumpkins,Soundgarden, and Pearl Jam

theres many more good bands from these genres but this list will get you started
My Gear (prepare to be amazed)

Squire Affinity Strat HSS

Yamaha FD02

Fender Bullet 150 DSP amp
Quote by UsedGuitar92
Punk-The Ramones,Sex Pistols,Stiff Little Fingers,Green Day(dookie era),The Offspring,Blink-182,and Bad Brains
Alternative-Nirvana,Alice In Chains,Smashing Pumpkins,Soundgarden, and Pearl Jam

theres many more good bands from these genres but this list will get you started

blink 182 is punk?

i didnt know that.

thank for the list though
rise against fan

Quote by Andrea55
My favorite anteater.

Quote by trueamerican
Quote by shmikeyboy
Bandleading forum?

why does everyone keep saying different forum?

does it matter it its answered here or there? theres really no difference and ive seen threads about types of music on here before.
rise against fan

Quote by Andrea55
My favorite anteater.

Quote by trueamerican
Last edited by k-train at Aug 28, 2009,
Quote by joshua122593
Where's your drummer?

at the moment we dont have one, i play drums but im normally playin guitar and singing.

a friend of mine who plays both guitar and drums is willing to join as drummer if i can get a better bass player and singer (the two i found who im going to try to get to join my band)

which is good becasue he literally has a full studio in his basement, and mine is only two mixers, a portable studio, the instruments, and simple stuff like that.
rise against fan

Quote by Andrea55
My favorite anteater.

Quote by trueamerican
So i just got done watching the Vid, and your singing was kinda bad. The Keyboardist seems to be playing the right notes in the verses where Vox should be. Why dont you sit down with him and try matching your voice to the pitch. practice singing that part with him note for note while he's playing . Training your ear like that and singing the right pitch will eventually make you a better singer.
Last edited by l33TgUiT@rd00d at Aug 28, 2009,