So, my little brother wants to start playing bass.

What kind of beginner gear should he get?
He found the Ibanez GSR180 and the Marshall MB 15 amp.
He doesn't want to spend much because he's not really sure about how long he will play. So the budget is at up to 300€.

Suggestions?
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Take a look at some small Ashdown or Orange combo amps. I'll edit this post with more info soon.

Edit:

I'm assuming all he'll be doing is low volume bedroom practice?

The Ashdown Perfect 10, Warwick Blue Cab 15.1 and Orange Crush 35B are all great little amps for the price.

I would suggest going for either the Ashdown, or if funds allow it, spend a little more and go for the Orange. Tell your brother to go out and try all these amps before making a decision, so he can find out for himself whether he likes the sound of them.

The Ibanez you've already chosen is a great beginners bass, so I don't think there's any need to look for anything else at the moment.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
Last edited by fleajr_1412 at Aug 28, 2009,
The guitars good i like Ibanez on 6-string and never had a problem with them quality wise.My friend has a black one he paid bout £300 for and so many times i have been tempted to steal it j/k xD

Also i suggest checking out the Laney-RB1 bass amp its 15w but packs a good punch and is actually a great starter/practice amp.They are well worth looking at imo and the build quality is very good and durable.

But look at the Laney amps cause they are good and cheap imo aswell as British
Guitar Gear
Guitar: Ibanez GRG140 (black)
Amp:Peavey Vypyr 75

Bass Gear
Bass: Fender P-bass MIM,Peavey Millenium 5 BXP (x2),Epiphone Thunderbird
Amp:Ampeg PF500 w PF210 cab
Pedals: ODB-3,Big Muff.
Thanks for the help.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X