Hey, i'm thinking about fitting a Bigsby on an SG. Just wondering, what are the differences between all of the different ones. The B5, B50 and B500 would all fit it.
I think the B5 is USA made, whereas the B50 is made offshore. I'm not sure what's different about the B500 though.
Quote by Gunpowder
You almost banged her? Well you get an almost high five!

*Stops half way*
anybody have an answer to that?
i'm also interested in getting a bigsby for my epiphone g400 and i was confused by those too.
but i'm most interested in finding out what the b500 has that makes it different from the rest.
why?
would i have issues with it on my g400?

and i ended up finding the answer.
more 0s=less price, lower quality.
B5 is american, b50 + b500 are made overseas and considerably cheaper. b500s go for like $20-50 used on ebay, b50's go for around $60-$100 and b5s are selling for about $100-$150 used.
Had the B50 on an Epi. Was pretty nice, but you gotta also go with a roller bridge and a graphite nut and some locking tuners to really keep it in tune. And you won't be doing any divebombs on it.
Quote by AcousticMirror
Is my album list pointing a gun or a penis to your head saying buddy this thing is going to unload if you don't listen to the whole damn clip??
i'm not a divebomb kind of guy.
i play some rockabilly/punk stuff and a little bigsby work is always enjoyed.
but yeah, the bridge and nut will be a pain in the but to get because i'm so broke.
anyone know where they sell them? maybe i can look into it and keep the opportunity open.
actually, guitar fetish has a chrome plated roller bridge for just over $20.
that's not bad at all. and graphite nuts are around $5.
used bigsby will set me back anywhere from $500-$100...
$125 max, that doesn't sound too bad to me.
it's a little on the steep side, but this backup guitar could make its way to my front line.
Yeah, sounds pretty cool to me.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
made it on Kisekae to see how it would look, and it looks pretty sick.
i'm seriously considering this now.