I want to get a more american sound reduce the woolyness of the amp and the fuzzy gain when at high levels. Which valves would be best? Also would the tech need to do an expensive mod?
Well 6L6's are (imo) the 'american' sounding tube (thanks to Fender) but, it could just be the brand of tube you are using or it could be more to do with the design of the amp itself or the pre-amp tubes. The cheapest/simplest answer:

Try some other amps out and sell your Carvin when you find one you like.
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
Quote by Deep*Kick
Well 6L6's are (imo) the 'american' sounding tube (thanks to Fender) but, it could just be the brand of tube you are using or it could be more to do with the design of the amp itself or the pre-amp tubes. The cheapest/simplest answer:

Try some other amps out and sell your Carvin when you find one you like.

well i have other amps so its cool. i also didnt say that i did not like the carvin it just has a few things that need modded. the amp comes with el34s by the way hence the post.
I don´t think EL34´s should be that fuzzy. Maybe try a different brand of EL´s.

But if you want an American sound then go with 6l6´s. The amp will need to be biased.
Quote by NeverMeant
Sometimes I feel like I won't care if my girlfriend dies because then I won't have to worry about her becoming pregnant.