Did a quick recording.

A good portion of it was improvisation, and yes there are mistakes. I'm aware of them.

Listen to it.

It's called 'I Am That', in my profile...

Any feedback welcome....will also C4C if you want too.

Thanks
Ok, I'll treat this as a song and ignore the noise, timing mistakes etc., as you said, it's not a finished product.

I quite liked it! It's simple but effective, as broken chord tunes often are, and with a bit more playing you could easily settle on a tune that would fit in well with some sorrowful & athmospheric background stuff (reverb-drenched guitars, synth pads, cello etc.). Played with feeling that's for sure. Could become very nice break in the middle of an album, or the intro to a prog-metal epic either.

I'd just look after the timing and settle on 2, maybe 3 4-bar motifs instead of trying to vary it constantly.
Quote by Tombe
With pedals you can throw your guitar down for an impromptu pedal drone solo, whereas if you did that on a rack it would just look like you were programming your washing machine.
Thanks union.

That is some sound advice.

I'm working on my timing and fluidity of my playing. Cleanliness is Godliness.

I was just wondering, do you know any bands that use a lot of "broken chords" that evoke a similar feeling?
wow that was deep man. great playing. you kept my interest during the whole thing. although it did seem a little bit long. recording was decent, it got the job done. there was allot of feeling on this track. i could tell this song means allot to you. tons of emotion bleeding through. maybe add drums/bass laiter on in it. but yeah this is solid stuff.

crit mine? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1191206
You've got some good ideas. Too bad that the production lacks quality and well, that background noise.

Work on it !
Lol.

Alright Talentlessjoe.

I am definitely already working on it, meaning I am going to do it at some point in my life.
i loved it for the first minute or so but after that i thought it was rather repetitive. maybe convert what you created here into an intro or a chorus to another song? I loved how it is slow and each note is "thoughtful" rather than shredding more notes than a human ear can hear. experiment with lots of different effects also.

i did a purple haze jam the other day if you want to listen: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1191050
Thanks madshatter.

Digressing..

Ironic.

The universe is telling me something. I was contemplating selling this guitar but right as I was jamming just minutes ago, my high E string broke. Looks like I'll have to fix it now. And probably keep the guitar.
I thought this was a very relaxing song, I like how you hang your notes, and not just try to put 20 different notes in just one second. I dont know if its your mic, but it does sound kinda bassy or somethings making it a bit muddy. Nice effects used though. Prolly needs a chello and a light bass drum to make it more interesting and deep.

I've been working on this since monday, the first post has the orgianl improv and my last post has the final written version. https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1189829