Hi

So I've started to learn sweep picking. I'm learning this arpeggio...

|----------------------12~17~12------------------------|
|------------------13---------------13--------------------|
|--------------14-----------------------14----------------|
|----------14-------------------------------14------------|
|-12~15---------------------------------------15~12---|
|------------------------------------------------------------|

Mostly I think I'm doing fine, I can do it perfectly relatively slow, but when I start to add more speed I'm having trouble get the first 13 note to ring out.

I think it's because when I rol the two 14's, it means that I'm 'squashing the 13 note.

Can you help me solve this?

Thanks.
Metronome, practice, practice, practice.

You need to have the technique and the finger articulation NAILED before you can increase speed.
Quote by santa_man99
THANK you. I love you forever.

Quote by DrFuzz
Why are you researching for Christmas? It's only Ma- HOLY CRAP WHERE'S 2009 GONE!?!?!?

Quote by ilikepirates
You're right, that is weird. You win.
I think it's because when you roll the two 14's, you're squashing the 13 note.
Quote by TGautier13
Because e-cred on a sub-par 4Chan knockoff forum is what everyone strives to achieve.
We believe - so we're misled
We assume - so we're played
We confide - so we're deceived
We trust - so we're betrayed
Well if its the first 13 then after striking the G string 14 fret note quickly get your finger out of the way so the 13 will sound.
Gear
Jackson RR24M - EMG ALX w/ ABQ installed
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Ibanex RG - Tone Zone(bridge), PAF Pro(neck)
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
Quote by ramm_ty

Ummm... Who is this funny kid?

I asked how to solve this problem not 'repeat what I said'.
Quote by The Chimney Man
Ummm... Who is this funny kid?

I asked how to solve this problem not 'repeat what I said'.

I thought that reply was an epic win.

You already have your solution to your problem though, as it sounds fine when you play it slow, you need enough practice so that when you speed it up, you use the same motion as when you play it slow, that way, it sounds perfect slow, and perfect sped up. Practice practice practice. Play it slow, increasing tempo every couple bars, then find the point where it sounds crap, slow down to just before that point, and practice more...
Quote by NecroMaster
I thought that reply was an epic win.

You already have your solution to your problem though, as it sounds fine when you play it slow, you need enough practice so that when you speed it up, you use the same motion as when you play it slow, that way, it sounds perfect slow, and perfect sped up. Practice practice practice. Play it slow, increasing tempo every couple bars, then find the point where it sounds crap, slow down to just before that point, and practice more...

Yeah I understand that I'll need to practice a lot too.
Quote by ramm_ty

Lol.

He's right though! You've found your problem, you just need to work on getting the finger on the 14 out of the way before you hit the 13. Speed comes with technique.