Ok so I'm going to universtiy soon...

So hand in my notice at Next retail (clothes shop, uk) and get my final payslip on Sunday the 23rd, all is good, minus some money because I went on holiday, and 1 day I was sick with food poisoning.

Also, there was a bonus sheet in there as it was the end of the clothing season.

Now, my base pay was gonna be £112 for the month, with about £120 bonus for the last 6 months.

Only when the pay went in I wasn't paid my bonus? So I went into the store, talked to my store manager and he rang up the head office, only to be told I couldn't have the bonus because I left TWO DAYS before it was issued... (After working the SIX MONTHS of the season.)

My contracted days were Sunday and Wednesday, the bonus' come out on the 25th, which was a Tuesday, so even if I had handed my notice in those two days later I wouldn't have had to have worked any more than I did as I wasn't contracted for the days inbetween.

So I share this experience I had to day and ask you other Pit dwellers if you've ever been screwed over by your workplace?

TL;DR - work cheated me out of £120, share similar stories!
Say no to drugs, but drink is good...
My boss keeps wanting me and my partner to catch this mouse, but it's just too hard. We have a cat to help us who won't shut it's mouth and an annoying guy who pops up every five minutes just to say his name. We'll catch that Pikachu one day!
I requested a weekend off for holidays, to go to a festival up in Aberystwyth. My manager went sick with Swine Flu. The assistant manager went and changed all the shifts around put me down to work that weekend. I was not impressed.
My Gear:

Washburn 6 String Bantam Series

Fender Mexican P-Bass

Farida Stratocaster

Peavey TNT115S
See my sig.
If you ain't in a union you deserve to get screwed.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by AnAngrySquirrel
Makes lots of Poké-jokes

Hahahahahahahahahah hahahaha har har har
I was put on 6 months probation at my current job because they had "reports" that I was call avoiding (if you work ina call centre...you know)

- reports i was never shown
- i have performance reports showing i take more than teh average number of calls in a day
- i hate my supervisor
I work for show sec - steward company for men arena, manchester city and festivals

they screw me over big time
im gonna bomb them
they are putting up a new ventilation pipe over my head as i type this so... yes.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Quote by AnAngrySquirrel
My boss keeps wanting me and my partner to catch this mouse, but it's just too hard. We have a cat to help us who won't shut it's mouth and an annoying guy who pops up every five minutes just to say his name. We'll catch that Pikachu one day!
Awesome.

I've always been treated really well by all my employers. The place I'm about to start work at has free accommodation, three meals per day on weekdays, swimming pool, gym, cinema... my life is amazing
Quote by rigiddigits
Awesome.

I've always been treated really well by all my employers. The place I'm about to start work at has free accommodation, three meals per day on weekdays, swimming pool, gym, cinema... my life is amazing

you going to prison, boy?
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
I get paid twice a month and have been working here for about 13 or 14 months... i've returned about 8 checks because my supervisor doesn't seem capable of getting them right.

Kinda funny, they're always to the company's advantage, right?

Soooo much for a master's in accounting.

Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
I suggest going in and ruining atleast £360 worth of stock and going away with a smug grin
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
Quote by Ur all $h1t
See my sig.

I'm 18 earning some cash before uni... Setting myself up with a union wasn't big on my list of things to do whilsy getting ready for university.

It's a shame as the people at the store are, for the most, really nice; it's just the people at head office that are a bunch of phallic type objects
Quote by halikus
I suggest going in and ruining atleast £360 worth of stock and going away with a smug grin

I second this (+1)
I don't read, I look at words and absorb their meanings.
If the pit was a group of people hangin out we would be possibly the most awsome group of people to be known to mankind.........I think it would be on the news
Quote by Casually_Spoken
I'm 18 earning some cash before uni... Setting myself up with a union wasn't big on my list of things to do whilsy getting ready for university.

It's a shame as the people at the store are, for the most, really nice; it's just the people at head office that are a bunch of phallic type objects

On the other hand if you had you probably wouldn't have been screwed.
It's not like it's difficult to join one.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
In hindsight I honestly see your point, but to be fair I don't think a single person working at the store, store managers included are part of a union.

My store manager wrote a letter of complaint to the head office of the company, I have to do the same thing in the morning to back him up
Quote by 2mins2midnite
I work for show sec - steward company for men arena, manchester city and festivals

they screw me over big time
im gonna bomb them

What's with all the terrorist plots on UG lately?

OT-- No, I almost didn't get paid for 8 hours of work, but my boss caught it and it's in my next paycheck.
I've been there. I used to work for a national chain of newsagents, and their pay structure is almost impossible to police. Even keeping a work diary, as I always do, I couldn't nail them on underpaying all of us.
And it was a closed shop.
No, my workplace is much to far away to go all they way over there to screw.

This is Larry The If you click him, he will give you magic powers.
srsly.

If you are not willing to die for the perfect s'more, Then you don't deserve a s'more at all.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
See my sig.

Not in my country good sir.

If you are in one, you deserve to lose your job.
ಠ_ಠ