i live in pakistan. i was about to buy an electric guitar. i have my eyes on a fender stratocaster. now the thing i am confused about is that, the guy who owns the shop tells me that he has stratocaster's made in china or mexico. not america. when i asked him if it just him or that others sell guitars from USA he said that strats are now only made in china or mexico. they are original, but mexican or chinese. he says that even in USA the mexican made or chinese made strats are available. is this true?
Quote by Maynard James Keenan

Cold silence has a tendency to atrophy any sense of compassion
If it is made in China, it is a Squier by Fender. If its made in Mexico, its a lower end Fender model. The guitars made in America are about double the price of the made in Mexico ones.

So no, not all Fenders are made in America. I have a Mexican Telecaster and I love it. I don't think the made in America ones are worth the cost.
Fender makes strats in Mexico and America. The Mexican ones are significantly cheaper but still solid guitars. The American ones run north of a grand and are excellent guitars. As far as Chinese ones, Fender does not make any under their name, but their "budget brand" Squire might? I thought they made their guitars in Korea, but either way the only strats currently made with Fender on the headstock are made in either Mexico or America.
My Gear:

Gibson SG Standard (heritage cherry)
Traynor YCV40WR
Korg Pitchblack
Fulltone Fulldrive 2

Blackstar HT-5 mini-stack
Fender MIM Strat (black)
Dunlop Crybaby
Fender makes their guitars from different parts of the world.

American made (MIA) being considered the highest quality, is the most expensive.
Mexico made guitars (MIM) are very good also, and are much cheaper.

American made Fenders are still available (im not sure what he meant there), as are the Mexican and Chinese built guitars.
Greco 59-50 Mint Collection - 1982 - Iron Gear Hot Slag/Rolling Mill
Schecter Tempest Classic Goldtop
Ceriatone 18 Watt TMB/EF86 2x12 - Lorantz Greenback's
MI Audio Blues Pro Overdrive

Quote by Danyg
^ this guy defines the term "being right".
Quote by Quenton Cassidy
Fender makes strats in Mexico and America. The Mexican ones are significantly cheaper but still solid guitars. The American ones run north of a grand and are excellent guitars. As far as Chinese ones, Fender does not make any under their name, but their "budget brand" Squire might? I thought they made their guitars in Korea, but either way the only strats currently made with Fender on the headstock are made in either Mexico or America.

Squier's say Fender on the headstock... "Squier by Fender"

2001 Ernie Ball Music Man Axis Super Sport
2001 MIM Standard Strat
Peavey Classic 30 112 Combo.
My Gear
If they are Chinese, they are either Squiers or fakes. The only guitars that Fender actually make in the far east are those from Japan or Korea (Lite Ash series). Fender make good guitars in their factories in Mexico too, which are cheaper than American made ones, but your man is incorrect about Fender no longer making guitars in the USA. They still do.
Quote by jonmo1
Squier's say Fender on the headstock... "Squier by Fender"

My Gear
-ESP truckster
-Ibby RG 7 string
-Mesa/Boogie Studio Preamp (Mk2C+ mod)
-Mesa/Boogie 50-50 Stereo Poweramp
-Mesa/Boogie Vertical 2x12 (C90 and EVM)