I recently discovered that a guy in my area is selling a Jackson KVX10, he hasn't settled a price for the guitar so I'll guess we'll discuss that together if I'm buying it. The guitar is about 2 years old, it has a few minor chips and scratches (just like a 2 year old used guitar usually would have), and it's in black. It hasn't been modified in any way and is all stock. I've never buyed used before and was just wondering how much (in per cent) would you usually discount from the stock price of a guitar in this shape?

Thanks in advance,
Emil.
What kind of pick-ups are in that guitar? I wouldnt pay any more than half of what it cost new for it.
I hate those pickups with a passion, So i would pay even less for it because i would have to do a pup swap right away.
Ok, thanks for your answer, I'll pay extra attention to the pickups when I'm eventually testing it. But as for now I only play on my room with my practice amp, so I do not have very high demands to my pickups
I would say that 60% is about the running rate for used gear.

2001 Ernie Ball Music Man Axis Super Sport
2001 MIM Standard Strat
Peavey Classic 30 112 Combo.
My Gear
Thank you guys, the seller has several potential buyers and wants to get as much as he can, so I might have to go quite a bit over 60% (including a hardcase), but I'll only do so if I really like it!
Quote by EmilGD
Thank you guys, the seller has several potential buyers and wants to get as much as he can, so I might have to go quite a bit over 60% (including a hardcase), but I'll only do so if I really like it!

Does he have several potential buyers? Or did he just tell you that he has several potential buyers? I would be willing to bet you could wait a few days and he will still have the guitar... Im not saying there are not other potential buyers, just dont let whoever has the guitar run a sales job on ya.
Well, I won't come up with a bid untill I've tried it, where I will discuss it to him in person. He has given me an absolute low price, which I'll probably bid him first, then if he gets higher bids I will consider a higher sum. If I suspect he is lying about the higher bid, I will confront him with it, or if the higher bid is way to high; cancel it, in which case he will have lost the deal if he was lying. Thanks a lot for the heads up man
Quote by EmilGD
Well, I won't come up with a bid untill I've tried it, where I will discuss it to him in person. He has given me an absolute low price, which I'll probably bid him first, then if he gets higher bids I will consider a higher sum. If I suspect he is lying about the higher bid, I will confront him with it, or if the higher bid is way to high; cancel it, in which case he will have lost the deal if he was lying. Thanks a lot for the heads up man

No problem, good luck, and peace!