Page 1 of 5
the most recent for me was 21st century breakdown.. for some reason, I really felt a great album in the makes..

what has been your greatest let down with an album?
anything by greenday after dookie, seriously WTF happened to them.
P.R.S SE Custom

Line 6 Vetta combo
^^ The song Let Down on the album by any chance? =]

Quote by ChiliMyAss
the most recent for me was 21st century breakdown.. for some reason, I really felt a great album in the makes..

what has been your greatest let down with an album?

Also 21st Century Breakdown.

I think it was a good album, just not good for Green Day.
455 75 34 88

(´・ω・`)

Quote by strait jacket
Do you like being sigged or, like me do you feel strangely violated?
Last edited by cptcomet at Aug 28, 2009,
Quote by Duffman123
(Waits for Metallica bashing)

I oblige.

St Anger was SHITE
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think

IT HAD SO MUCH PROMISE AND YET...IT JUST WASNT WHAT I HAD HOPED FOR
"I just want to conquer people and their souls."
-Mike Tyson
Quote by supafunkyone
Come on, St Anger honestly wasn't thaaaaaaaaaat bad was it

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by UraniYum

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

Quote by supafunkyone
Don't give me that look

Quote by UraniYum

Quote by Cb4rabid

Quote by supafunkyone

It wasn't but it had a fatal flaw, Metallica made what was a essentially a nu-metal album (super downtuned guitars, 5 riffs maximum a song, terribly out of tune drumming, no solos) at song lengths that belonged on ...AJFA

if every song as topped out at like 3:50, we'd be talking about how Metallica showed those punk asses how to make a nu-metal album, as it stands there's only so many times you can hear frantic-tic-tic-tic-tic-tic-tic-tock before you say "fuck this, this CD blows"

or at least that was my problem with it, i could deal with the lack of instrumental depth, i'd done so for years before st.anger came out, just not when songs were clocking in between 6 and 9 minutes in length

Edit:

to keep this mother on topic:

In Flames - A Sense of Purpose, i say this because while i may be in the minority i really liked STYE and Come Clarity, and while there were elements that put A Sense Of Purpose close, it wasn't able to grab me with what i thought those 2 albums achieved.

John 5 - Requiem: After the Devil Knows My Name i more or less listened to nothing but this guy, but requiem left a lot to be desired, i don't know it it was the production or that a couple of tunes sounded repetitive but it never found its way into my brain the way his previous work did
Last edited by fishmunky at Aug 28, 2009,
Stadium Arcadium. I rushed out to buy it, then when i put it on I was like wtf is this?
Quote by fishmunky
It wasn't but it had a fatal flaw, Metallica made what was a essentially a nu-metal album (super downtuned guitars, 5 riffs maximum a song, terribly out of tune drumming, no solos) at song lengths that belonged on ...AJFA

if every song as topped out at like 3:50, we'd be talking about how Metallica showed those punk asses how to make a nu-metal album, as it stands there's only so many times you can hear frantic-tic-tic-tic-tic-tic-tic-tock before you say "fuck this, this CD blows"

or at least that was my problem with it, i could deal with the lack of instrumental depth, i'd done so for years before st.anger came out, just not when songs were clocking in between 6 and 9 minutes in length

I can understand why people don't like it and it certainly isn't brilliant, but people really exaggerate how bad it is. Even though its not the greatest, i personally don't see anything wrong with it and still listen to it from time to time. Im pretty sure that if a different band released it, it would of gotten alot of praise.
ST Anger by Megadeth.
Quote by Stormx
I tremble before your enormous penis.
Quote by molala2
and i farted, it was really stink
Quote by italiarlz135
Led Pepplin, you are god because of this thread.
Quote by josh999x, Brick23

Quote by fishmunky

This is my only problem with SA too.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Quote by supafunkyone

Uh, yes it is. It doesn't have any good songs on it. The production is fucking awful. The riffs are absolutely weak. James shouts too much. The snare drum sounds like a sewage pipe. The lyrics are shit. And it manages to keep this up for 75 minutes.
And it's nu-metal. I'd rather listen to Iowa by Slipknot.
Last edited by Horlicks at Aug 28, 2009,
Oh look this thread has turned into a Metallica bashing thread, I'm shocked
Quote by Horlicks
Uh, yes it is. It doesn't have any good songs on it. The production is fucking awful. The riffs are absolutely weak. James shouts too much. The snare drum sounds like a sewage pipe. The lyrics are shit. And it manages to keep this up for 75 minutes.

If it's bold, it's opinion. Stop hiding it in fact, it's not smart.
Quote by Horlicks
And it's nu-metal. I'd rather listen to Iowa by Slipknot.

Well as much as i disagree with you, at least you can give reasons for your hatred of it unlike most bandwagon jumpers

supafunkyedit:

Quote by JAMSRS

Also this
Last edited by supafunkyone at Aug 28, 2009,
I think st anger is great most metal since bblack album, I mean load/reload is **** imo. so st anger was great.
RIP Bernie Mac
RIP Michael Jackson

FUCK YOU DIME!

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Get 'Cliff is Angry. So so angry' on your ass.

Edit: Then take pictures and send me them.

Genetically engineered and raised by wolverines DAVE MUSTAINE...
Quote by supafunkyone
I can understand why people don't like it and it certainly isn't brilliant, but people really exaggerate how bad it is. Even though its not the greatest, i personally don't see anything wrong with it and still listen to it from time to time. Im pretty sure that if a different band released it, it would of gotten alot of praise.

oh probably, in fact started off my previous post by agreeing with you, it was bad, but it wasn't the single worst cd ever made, It gets bad press because of the band who made it, Metallica had released what a lot of people consider good to great records, when a band like that puts out a sub par cd especially after putting about 5 years into it, its understandably to see why people's expectations got so high, and then tuned so sour real quick (not to mention the napster backlash).

That being said, It's certainly not my favourite CD and i understand why people would put here, they expected a much better product than they received
Quote by CliffIsAngry
I think st anger is great most metal since bblack album, I mean load/reload is **** imo. so st anger was great.

Since when did the 'Metalness' of an album become a judge of its quality?
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by fishmunky
oh probably, in fact started off my previous post by agreeing with you, it was bad, but it wasn't the single worst cd ever made, It gets bad press because of the band who made it, Metallica had released what a lot of people consider good to great records, when a band like that puts out a sub par cd especially after putting about 5 years into it, its understandably to see why people's expectations got so high, and then tuned so sour real quick (not to mention the napster backlash).

That being said, It's certainly not my favourite CD and i understand why people would put here, they expected a much better product than they received

As i said to Horlicks, at least you can back up your argument against it unlike most people. I do understand why it might go here as well, i just personally don't think it should be really.
Quote by freddaahh
Since when did the 'Metalness' of an album become a judge of its quality?

Since when has it not been?
Answer that, if you can.
Quote by JAMSRS

And so's the rest of it, apart from 75 mins
Quote by Fucking loads of people who were appeasing me in order for me to write
blues_to_thrash, you are the master of epic lulz

My Music

2K11
Quote by JAMSRS

I don't have an opinion on St Anger, however I love how you didn't bold "It doesn't have any good songs on it"
Up The Boro!
Quote by JAMSRS

The whole thing is opinion.
Quote by Oddsbodkins
I don't have an opinion on St Anger, however I love how you didn't bold "It doesn't have any good songs on it"

That's because they are great or terrible in my opinion. Ok, so i can't listen to more than the first 5 songs before turning it off, but I need a solo after that long. Even a Hammet one.

Also I missed that bit, proving my own not-smartness.
Last edited by JAMSRS at Aug 28, 2009,
Page 1 of 5