I have a 4x12 line 6 cabinet with celestion speakers, I want to buy a tube head, say Peavey, Mesa, etc. I don't have the budget to buy the matching cab just yet, so I was wondering if the sound would be good for now
It should sound fine, probably not like a cabinet loaded with Alnico Blues or V30's but it wont sound bad. The amp and guitar more important to the sound.
Suhr Custom, Flaxwood Rautia or Grosh Tele thru
HBE Medicine Bawl Wah
Analogman BiComp
Texas Two Step OD
Fulltone Ultimate Octave/Fuzz
Boss CE-2
TC Nova Delay
SLO-100, 65 London or Bogner Shiva
Ask me about any of this stuff!
Yes, but the sound is in your hands. A mesa through that cab would sound great. IF it has good speakers then it will sound good. A mesa through a mesa cab will likely sound better though.

My back up rig is a Traynor Tube Head through an old Line 6 1x12 and I get a great sound out of it.
thanks for the answers, I guess I shouldn't worry much then \m/
which line 6 cab, the cab that was made for the SV has V30s in it so yea its pretty good but idk about the cabs that were made for the spider III
i LOVE taylor swift...oyes in a creepy way
Just a note, My Mark IV sounds GOOD with my crate cab that has celestions and the same with my buddies Dual Rectifier.

Add a mesa cab with V30s and it changes EVERYTHING. Low end comes through much clearer, much cleaner sound. If you can't afford a matching cab you will still be fine with the line 6. When you do decide to upgrade.. phew