Hi guys,
im playin for a year now and havent learnt one solo. SO im asking for guidance in solos. Please dont say Paranoid...i hate this one.
Im really in Metallica for a while and love to play the rythm parts of jump in the fire, motorbreath and whiplash...but the solos are a bit too complicated for me.
To make it detailed:
Im looking for a non-wahwah solo which can be famous (non must) from all genres of rock and metal etc.
Also maybe i do have to mension that i got a stratocaster with single coils...so please not sooo much sustain otherwise it will hum all the time..

i hope you can help me...the one who tells me sumthin good gets a cookie
It's not metal but you could try Yellow Ledbetter by Pearl Jam. It's easy to learn all the notes of the solo, but takes some practice to get all the inflection right.
The first solo I learned and could play the entire song....

Queen : Crazy little thing called love.

Very cool and fun song to play. A Crowd Pleaser. Very simple, yet cool solo.

2001 Ernie Ball Music Man Axis Super Sport
2001 MIM Standard Strat
Peavey Classic 30 112 Combo.
My Gear
Thanks so far guys!
Takin a look at Queen now, Pearl Jam isnt my thing...
But im searching for a more heavy solo...a lesson for the big things like iron maiden and stuff
Way too easy...but nice stuff there...wonder why i never heard them...but thanks
If you like Maiden, maybe you should check out Phantom of the Opera. That song basically rules. Epic solo too...

Have you heard the band Dissection? They have some solos that don't sound overly difficult, but still sound pretty metal.
Last edited by goldberg1138 at Aug 28, 2009,
Dude You are my hero...Dissection is so damn good!
Goin to see what they play and stuff...
Maybe anyone can suggest my an easy Metallica Solo?!
Thank you very many guys (<- Yea i know its wrong!)
Now come and get your cookies guys!
The solo for "Nothing Else Matters" by Metallica is really easy compared to their other stuff AND it doesn't have any wah in it.

Maybe the first two solos of "Walk this Way" by Aerosmith, if you only play metal this will definitely help you expand your horizons.

"Seize the day" by Avenged Sevenfold is a really nice solo and easy by A7X standards, just have to be fairly good at bending
Quote by av0n
Thanks so far guys!
Takin a look at Queen now, Pearl Jam isnt my thing...
But im searching for a more heavy solo...a lesson for the big things like iron maiden and stuff

You shouldn't limit yourself like that - just look to learn as much as you can. If someone has taken the trouble to suggest something listen to it then try and learn it. Everything new you learn is a valuable lesson and will help you develop, being blinkerred about things won't help you one bit and is downright counterproductive. Obviously if you really hate the song then fair enough, don't bother...but even then it's worth having a proper listen and try and see past your dislike and listen to see if you can at least appreciate the musicianship and skill of the artist, you might discover for yourself why others like their music so much.

Open your mind - you'll be a much better guitarist if you do.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
In Too Deep by sum41 has a cool tapping solo in it that's fairly easy to learn and doesn't have to be tapped if you dont want to tap it

and American Idiot by GreenDay (only learned this one to keep the drummer happy) has a really easy solo
Yep, Pearl Jam has an awesome guitarist, very cool and the solo from "Alive" is just killer and it's an "Intermediate/Hard" solo.
I had the Pearl Jam - Ten Cd and was so bored of it but ill give it a try promise!
American Idiot...Yes sir i can solo...pretty easy
In Too Deep...Im searching for this song for a while...thanks has an awesome guitar part in it
And it love to tap...
Just thought it would be time to learn "Little Sister" from Qotsa...

Did i mentioned all of you are wonderful and get 2 cookies?!
my favorite solo is from blackbird by alter bridge (myles part, not marks, his is INSANE).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhiNj39vYnU

skip to 4:00 ish
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
Last edited by xxunder-takerxx at Aug 28, 2009,
Quote by av0n
Way too easy...but nice stuff there...wonder why i never heard them...but thanks

Yeah, that was sort of picked out of absurdity. It's a a fun distraction, and the easiest song ever.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Last edited by STABxYOU at Aug 28, 2009,
Got some stuff by alter bridge goin to listen to them nice sound...
if you want i upload a clip of a solo on my page to see how im doin with techniques and stuff
cya later
The solo from trivium's dying in your arms is a good starting point for metal solos as while it is a bit complex it is so short that balances out as a pretty easy to learn solo
and I don't care if I live or die,
because I ain't ever going to no other side,
there ain't no heaven and there ain't no hell,
but I am a sinner so it's all just as well
Freedom Call, really every solo from them is melodic, impressive and easy. (recommends Warriors)
I've been digging working on the second solo from Comfortably Numb. Give that one a shot.
Smells like teen spirit = Easiest guitar solo of all time.

We Will Rock you by Queen is really easy too.
Quote by Aurex
Knightmare you are the winner

Gear:
Jay Turser Les Paul
PRS SE Custom 24
Washburn Paul Stanley Sig
Fender Stratocaster
Fender CD-60CE
Line 6 Spider III 120
VK112 w/Man o War
Lateralus by Tool is a great song and other than time, theres nothing to difficult about it. The solo's arent hard at all
Aces High and Wasting Love are both great sounding solos that are not to difficult

same with Different World

this is all from Iron Maiden of course
try the fade to black intro solo by metallica
Quote by wolvenrick
I think black doom death metal is just plain stupid. go flame on me but i can't hear nothing but shit on those songs with everything in drop A or below. also it could've been without lyrics as you'd never hear them anyway.
Quote by OOgly bOObly
The solo from trivium's dying in your arms is a good starting point for metal solos as while it is a bit complex it is so short that balances out as a pretty easy to learn solo

This.

Also.

Waking the Demon - BFMV
Arterial Black - Drist (If you can tap, that is)
You can learn major and minor sweep shapes if you want.
Paper Wings - Rise Against
Bloodrocuted - Dethklok
Flight of the Bumblebee (I know it's not a solo, but it's all about 3 patterns and sounds very impressive)

I personally don't know many solos, I can play half decent lead, but I tend to play riffs.
A Tout Le Monde by Megadeth. Or it might be too easy?
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
Welcome Home by Coheed and Cambria is a pretty easy solo I would try to learn that.