ok so i know that the valveking combo has a bad speaker and crappy tubes,
so my question is, how good are the speakers on the matching cab, and how good are the tubes in the head?
im only askin cos im planning to get a b-52 at-112, but im still searchin the BAY for any good used deals cos i wont be gettin the amp for at least a month
heres the link if that helps
http://cgi.ebay.com/Peavey-Valve-King-100-Tube-Amp-head-w-4X12-slanted-cab_W0QQitemZ230369525115QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item35a317fd7b&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14#shId

thanks
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Halfstack
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
No, just no.
Our Guitar Center is running a special right now, you can get a brand new Peavey 3120 head and Windsor cab for $999. Trade in some junk and it's even less. I got mine for $475 after pawning off a bunch of junk on them. Look for a deal like that. Pass on the Valveking. You'll just have to upgrade later, thus you wasted your money.
thanks dude
i only have a budget of 500$ and not enough stuff to sell, but thanks anyway
im sticking to the b-52 unless i find a great deal
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
There are far better options in that budget.. To name a few Used Peavey Ultra, Triple or 5150.

What do you play and we can narrow it down.. There are quite a few deals going on right nw for new equipment as well.
eh,

The VK is not that bad. $300 for a half stack seems a good deal.

Yes the speakers in the cab suck. So it's just 4x what the combo has. Those speakers are hardly worth selling, but I do know some VK'rs that believe they are fine and voiced right for the amp.

Yes it is the same cheap tubes so ditto really.

New tubes and a better cab and you are in business. With some pedals for teh metals.

+1 on the 3120. Again, needs a different cab imo.

+1 on the B52 too.

+1 on Ultra, XXX and 5150

What is your closest major city?
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Aug 28, 2009,
well i play metal, any type of metal
i have an ESP LTD Alexi-200

i have a budget of 500$, i prefer something that would do metal without an OD, and with a master volume
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
Quote by soloXshredder
well i play metal, any type of metal
i have an ESP LTD Alexi-200

i have a budget of 500$, i prefer something that would do metal without an OD, and with a master volume

The the Valveking is far from the amp you want... Stick with the options I gave you..
Ditto. Maybe one of these days we'll kill that nasty rumor going around that the VK is a metal amp.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH

Funny too as Peavey never really marketed as such....at least not that I am aware of.

Heres the issue... "From Southern-fried swagger to molten metal, the ValveKing® specializes in versatility. "

People are like ohh my god its got the br00talz. But dont realize that any amp in that price range that says Southern-fried swagger is not gonna be a molten metal amp

Even the guy that endorses it is a country blues player.

But alas yes it does say metal Peavey