I should probably post this in my blog but I wanted to share this story to keep UGers informed and on the lookout.
I was cruising Ebay a few weeks back and came across a Framus Dragon in incredible condition and priced alright (kinda) at $1200. I put one of these side by side with its brother, the Cobra, and the Dragon owned it imo. I have been gassing ever since so, I contacted the seller and discussed the finer points of its sound and told him I would pay the advertised price, without mentioning the advertised price by number. He was very excited. When I tried to click back on the listing, the page would not load for several hours and when it did finally load, the price read $1699. WTF? How can you change the price of your listing in the middle of a deal that is going down? Needless to say, I don't own a Dragon now. Shadiness killed my Dragon.
7 string Legion 7 > 6 Do mosh pits warm your heart? Then become a SECOND RATE CITIZEN.....better than the worst!
That's terrible man.
Some people, I swear.
But, I like the Cobra MUCH better than the Dragon.
Sorry 'bout your luck though.
Quote by miketheslut
I should probably post this in my blog but I wanted to share this story to keep UGers informed and on the lookout.
I was cruising Ebay a few weeks back and came across a Framus Dragon in incredible condition and priced alright (kinda) at $1200. I put one of these side by side with its brother, the Cobra, and the Dragon owned it imo. I have been gassing ever since so, I contacted the seller and discussed the finer points of its sound and told him I would pay the advertised price, without mentioning the advertised price by number. He was very excited. When I tried to click back on the listing, the page would not load for several hours and when it did finally load, the price read $1699. WTF? How can you change the price of your listing in the middle of a deal that is going down? Needless to say, I don't own a Dragon now. Shadiness killed my Dragon.

Talking to the seller about the advertised price does not constitute "the middle of a deal that is going down". At least not to ebay.
You can change the price of an item until an actual bid or offer has been made (through ebay, not private conversation via phone or email).

2001 Ernie Ball Music Man Axis Super Sport
2001 MIM Standard Strat
Peavey Classic 30 112 Combo.
My Gear