I have just been sent an email that informs me that i am not allowed to bring either of these items to my residence.

How can i cope?

How would i gig, realistically?

This is not good news for an already terrible guitar player.

I could play acoustically, yes, but it's hardly practical for bass.

Does anyone have any views on those Vox headphone amps?
Yes, I use a Squier bass.

Quote by ccam555
0/10.

- Looking to improve this somewhat.
Just take a small one. That's probably there to stop people bringing half stacks in.
Practice without an amp
Quote by Sir Anonymous
I'd call you a crazy Brit, but your username seems to quite assure your sanity.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
Epic username of pure epicness

To: Jesus=ConArtist
I brought my practice amp to my halls of residence even though they said not to bring amps. They probably only mean the huge ones anyway. Nobody found out and I didn't get in trouble. It's because they don't want you playing it really loud when people are trying to work, so be considerate and you won't get reported. If you're only using it for gigs while you're up there I don't see the harm.

I lived with a drummer and a bassist in my second year of uni, and that shit gets annoying after a while.
Ignore them and take what you want. They won't do anything about it. I took a 400W bass amp with a 410 with me when I lived in halls. It was great.
Aha, thanks guys - but this block has like a pretty decent security system, so i'm not sure that i could smuggle it past them effectively. Also, they explicitly told me it in an email, so i doubt whether i could claim ignorance.

It might have to be acoustically for now.

Edit: [to webbtje]: King's College in London.

Quote by ccam555
0/10.

Quite surprising, my UCL ones didn't give a shit so long as it didn't disturb anyone. If you get a small one in I doubt anyone will care, so long as no-one complains. Basically, bring it in, just don't turn it up to 11.

strand poly lolololololololol
I'm only playing a Vox VT30 atm, so it's not as though i'm running a huge cab. I haven't been to the accommodation yet so i guess that i'll scope it out and see what my chances of bringing it in are.

My bass amp is 180 watts, but that's not especially loud for a bass amp (as i'm sure you know).

Quote by ccam555
0/10.