Hey,
i was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on my next guitar.
I've narrowed the selection down to 3 guitars:
- Squier Vintage Modified Telecaster HS
- Fender MIM Telecaster
- Fender MIM Stratocaster
I generally plays blues and rock, if that helps.
Thanks
Lewis..
My Gear
+ Fender telecaster custom 72
+ Blackstar HT-40

+ Fender squier strat sunburst 1980's
+ Peavey vypyr 15
+ Jim Dunlop Crybaby

"The Smell of Win" Rob Chappers.
With these choices makes sure you buy one that you have played. It can be a gem or it can be awful. I prefer a strat, but play them, and see what suits you more.
Guitars
Prs Custom 24
Fender Jaguar
Gibson Les paul standard dc
Ibanez as71

Amps
Peavey xxx
Crate v-32h/cab

Effects
Dimebag wah
carbon copy
evh phase
blackstart ht-duel
holy grail plus
electric mistress stereo
dd-20
i think you should get a classic vibe tele, better then the vintage modified and a better bang for ur buck then squier.
BASS GEAR:
Fender Bassman 250 2x10
Squier MB-5
Tanglewood Premier TW155 acoustic bass

GUITAR GEAR:
Ibanez ART300
Fender GDC-200SCE
Peavey studio chorus 70

PEDALS:
Ibanez SM-7
Ibanez PH-7
DOD Bass Chorus
I would get the mim strat or tele. do you want fixed bridge or trem? If you want fixed get the tele. I would go with a MIM fat strat just because of the overall versatility.
Everyone sees Fender and immediately expects for it to be better, it's a shame. Well in your gear list you have a strat, im assuming of good quality because it was made in the 80's (JV, I think). So in this instance it should come down to the tele's so you have more of a tonal variety at your disposal, personally I say get the Squier. The QC and the hardware in both the VM and CV series always astounds me, whereas I've played some shocking MIM Fenders. Ultimately try them both out, there's always a gem to be found.

Gibson Les Paul Traditional Satin
Fender 72' Thinline Telecaster
Fender Am Telecaster
Bad Cat HotCat 30R

Korg Pitchblack
Xotic BB Preamp
TC Flashback X4
Strymon Timeline
EHX POG 2
JHS Double Barrel
I'd go for the MiM Strat, I have one and like it.
all I ever wanted was to pick apart the day
put the pieces back together my way
best advice is to pick a mim over a squire all day. then you can decide if your a tele man or a strat man.
EAT YOUR GUITAR GEAR BLOG
Quote by BigDC
how difficult is it to build your own guitar?
Quote by Gibshall
It's hard, annoying, and makes you want to punch a baby.
I play a modified MIM strat, it serves me great. Howvere guitars can vary I would play them first if possible.
Quote by fullsailstudent
best advice is to pick a mim over a squire all day. then you can decide if your a tele man or a strat man.

It's Squier, and some high end Squiers play better than MIM Fenders. Is Paco's workmanship that much better than Chan Li's? Also, I was looking at parts lists for Squiers (it's on their website), and a $110 Bullet Strat has a bone nut, which is much higher quality than most other guitars in that price range (dirt cheap Epiphones).
I've played a Classic Vibe Tele against a Standard and I have to say that in the tone department the Squier crapped all over the Fender. Personally I liked the feel of the Fender a little better (satin vs. gloss finished neck) and if felt MAYBE a little more solid, but if I were to choose I'm gonna say Squier here.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
If your new to guitar I would go squire, but if your decent, go MIM strat
I'd personally go with the mim strat I have one and love the bluesy sound i can get out of the single coils. Its also has a contoured body so its more comfortable sitting down. But if you want more of a twang go with the mim tele.