Ok, I need to change strings on my bass (a squire) and was wondering if I should use a specific kind of string or a specific size, or if it doesn't matter.

Thanks.
"Hard work never killed anybody, but why take a chance?"

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination
its all personal preference on what to get.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Quote by randomhero93
its all personal preference on what to get.

Does Gauge mean anything important?

(\__/)
Quote by Evan.K
Does Gauge mean anything important?

The higher the gauge, the thicker the string is therefore you will have more resonance and a fuller sound. However thicker strings will be harder to do bends and whatnot with.

The opposite for lower gauge strings - less resonance and a thinner sound but you will be able to do bends and stuff easier.

It all comes down to personal preference. Try out different gauges and figure out what you like
Quote by i_am_metalhead
The higher the gauge, the thicker the string is therefore you will have more resonance and a fuller sound. However thicker strings will be harder to do bends and whatnot with.

The opposite for lower gauge strings - less resonance and a thinner sound but you will be able to do bends and stuff easier.

It all comes down to personal preference. Try out different gauges and figure out what you like

Ok, thanks guys.

(\__/)