So recently I was playing "Set To Fail" by lamb of god and my friend said.
"dude lamb of god is a sweet death metal band."
and I said
"they arent death metal"
and he said
"well what are they then?"
to which I had no reply. So I was wondering that the online community thinks. Personally I think they are a cross between groove and death.
Schecter flying tiger, Boss ME-20, zakk wylde micro stack

Currently listening to: Bonded by blood (vengeance), Municipal Waste (shredded offering), Gama Bomb (last ninjas unite)
Groovecore

Groove metal + Metalcore = Groovecore
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop Silverburst (Invader/'59)
-Fender Standard Telecaster HH Black (SH-5/'59)
-Fender Standard Stratocaster HH White (Nazgul/'59)
-Austin Guitars Les Paul Goldtop Copy (Distortion/'59)
-Ovation ApplauseAE44II Elite Black Acoustic

Amps/Cabs
-Peavey 6505+
-Peavey Stereo Chorus 2x12 Combo
-Behringer Ultracoustic ACX450 1x8 Acoustic Combo
-Marshall MX2x12 Cabinet

Wayyyyy too many effects pedals...
Pure American Metal!!1!!!!1!11

A lot of people say metalcore/groove metal though. However, groove metal seems to just be a label metalcore bands give themselves to avoid being called metalcore. Ask in the Lamb of God thread.
Quote by ChemicalFire
He was too stunned by my fresh truths.

Quote by GodofCheesecake
"And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you darn kids and your meddling and your breakadowns!"

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Metal is a sub-genre of metalcore since metalcore is more popular therefore better.
Death metal?
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
i just figured they were deathmetal. there pretty good live
Very Orange CARVIN DC 700
PRS SE Custom - crunch lab&PAF pro
Ibanez GRX40 - modified
Peavey Valveking 112 w/ 2x12 cab

Originally Posted by Shirate
The guitar, the only beautiful female that looks better with the top ON haha

Transformice
they arent core because they dont use any breakdowns. So that cant be tagged onto them.

Currently listening to: Bonded by blood (vengeance), Municipal Waste (shredded offering), Gama Bomb (last ninjas unite)
I love how people argue over genres like it's a matter of opinion.

No, wait, I can't stand that. It was oranges that I love. Oranges.

Quote by TakeoutheTHRASH
they arent core because they dont use any breakdowns. So that cant be tagged onto them.

Have you ever heard "Any Song" by Lamb of God?
You're*
Quote by Survivalism
I love how people argue over genres like it's a matter of opinion.

No, wait, I can't stand that. It was oranges that I love. Oranges.

Have you ever heard "Any Song" by Lamb of God?

also "Contractor" has one of the sickest breakdowns i've ever heard
Personally I think they fit into groove the best after considering it.

Quote by TakeoutheTHRASH

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDIR9XmvFdE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NvntVb0Q_o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njGppxBBb7E

Just off the top of my head.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

at his command
Quote by CTFOD

well i cant look at those because Im at school right now but.... I believe my statement has been thoroughly smashed. But what i mean is they arent like, half time triplets and harmonic bullet for my valentine( ) style breakdowns.

well i cant look at those because Im at school right now but.... I believe my statement has been thoroughly smashed. But what i mean is they arent like, half time triplets and harmonic bullet for my valentine( ) style breakdowns.

In the middle of Laid to Rest? Right after that "see who gives a ****" part? That's as open-note and breakdownish as it gets.
Quote by ChemicalFire
He was too stunned by my fresh truths.

Quote by GodofCheesecake
"And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you darn kids and your meddling and your breakadowns!"

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Metal is a sub-genre of metalcore since metalcore is more popular therefore better.
Quote by Rocketface2112
i just figured they were deathmetal. there pretty good live

they are good live but they have absolutely nothing death metal about them.

they´re part of the ´new wave of american heavy metal´or ´metalcore´
illustration student - happy to do any band artwork/logos
some of my work can be seen at:

theGentleSquid

Fuck off, all of you. Groove metal is hardly even a real genre. LOG is a metalcore band, but, ehhhh, a decent metalcore band.
Quote by guitgrinder
Yep. I'm real mad. I got done havin some fun jammin w/ my band today, gonna have a Sloppy Joe dinner, w/ Tater Tots covered in chili, then my girlfriends gonna blow me tonight. I've got lots to be mad about!
Quote by The Frayed Ends
Fuck off, all of you. Groove metal is hardly even a real genre. LOG is a metalcore band, but, ehhhh, a decent metalcore band.

The only metalcore band I really enjoy, because they don't sound like a typical metalcore band.
Quote by duncang

at his command
Indeed. Their chuggity-chug riffs are actually enjoyable. Though I may only be saying that because I got into them back when I was a metal noob.
Quote by guitgrinder
Yep. I'm real mad. I got done havin some fun jammin w/ my band today, gonna have a Sloppy Joe dinner, w/ Tater Tots covered in chili, then my girlfriends gonna blow me tonight. I've got lots to be mad about!