ok i need some help here could someone please define the classifications like whats the difference between black metal, death metal, metalcore, deathcore, grindcore etc like one of my favs is all shall perish i always considered them death metal? but i dont know could someone please explain and possibly use some examples to help me out!!
Ugh.

Sorry, but no. If you can't tell the difference between a genre, listen to different genres. All Shall Perish are one of the worst bands to be described as death metal, and as such, are metalcore.

If you can't tell the difference between black/death metal, there's something you're obviously not listening to. The vocals in this case.
i can tell the difference in genres easily i just dont know what name applies to what genre
Quote by ChemicalFire
He was too stunned by my fresh truths.

Quote by GodofCheesecake
"And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you darn kids and your meddling and your breakadowns!"

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Metal is a sub-genre of metalcore since metalcore is more popular therefore better.
Magrudergrind
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand