i saw these Bill Lawrence pickups on musiciansfriend.com a little while ago while looking for replacement pups for a strat because im thinking of getting the Agile ST-1000 VWH but im not so sure about the pickups cuz i play mostly metal, so i was looking at humbucking single coils and i saw this Bill Lawrence rail pickup. unfortunately there were no reviews and its 50$ which is a very good price and i was wondering if they are good.
Don't steal.
The government hates competition.
Hey man, I have Mighty Mite rails in my custom strat (pics on profile if interested) and it is great for metal. They actually hold their own against my active EMG's so I'm very pleased. I"m sure the Bill Lawrence rails would be fine; that is a great price! Considering Dime used Bill Lawrence pickups, I'm sure they're pretty hot
http://www.youtube.com/user/chuckmehh
Randall RM100/Basson Cab
DBX166XL/BBE Sonic Maximizer
Boss NS-2, sCream Cheese 2.0 OD, Zakk Wylde wah
Custom Epiphones
Monster Cables
Awe-in-One picks..and more
"Bill Lawrence" pickups are crap-coated crap with a crap-filled center.
The businessman who currently owns the legal rights to the name is not Bill Lawrence.
(Willi Lorenz Stich)
Trademark Disclaimer:

These products are the Original Bill Lawrence Pickups made and endorsed by the founder of the 1965 Bill Lawrence Guitar pickup company, Jzchak Wajcman. He is the sole legal owner of the trademark "Bill Lawrence" for use on musical products and the exclusive source for manufacturing of all Bill Lawrence Products. Jzchak Wajcman DBA Bill Lawrence USA is not associated with the designer Bill Lawrence since 1984.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
The businessman who currently owns the legal rights to the name is not Bill Lawrence.
(Willi Lorenz Stich)

Such a shame... I found a website a while back, I think it was actually Bill Lawrences site, everything was differently named, but only slightly, i guess cuz of legal issues... I cant find it now though.

EDIT: Ha! I win internets! Here it is: http://wildepickups.com/Home_Page.php
Those are the ones he makes now. The twin blades are what dime used.... he has a few models, all hand made. He has amazing prices too, lower than a lot mass produced models.
Quote by magnus_maximus
You're whackin' one off in the toilet and you jizz on the counter?

I hope you never get a driving license.

Quote by Albino_Rhino
Dude mangoes are so good. Imagine a blowjob, but instead of the feeling being on your dick, it's on your mouth.
Last edited by racman92 at Aug 28, 2009,
Are there any other rail, or humbucker single coils thtbu guys would recomend my max price is like 90$. Thnx
Don't steal.
Quote by bluechikkens777
Are there any other rail, or humbucker single coils thtbu guys would recomend my max price is like 90$. Thnx

Yeah man, like I said, I have Mighty Mite hot rails in my strat and it has no problem whatsoever getting a nice metal sound. There is a set of 3 on ebay for $55. They are a different color than mine, but hey it's still the same Let me know what you decide dude

Edit: After trolling ebay, I found Mighty Mite double blade pickups as well. These look more like what I have haha It came prewired in a diamond plate pickguard and they never really specified the pickups, just said they were very hot and similar to a Dimarzio mini humbucker. The double blade ones I think are what I have, and I love them. So ebay Mighty Mite double blade and there is a set for 76 bucks

Another Edit: After comparing, I found that the double blades have an output in the bridge of 14.3K and 10.5 in the neck/middle. The hot rails have a bridge of 12 and a neck/middle of 9.5

You want the double blades!
Randall RM100/Basson Cab
Custom Epiphones
Monster Cables
Last edited by chuckmehh at Aug 28, 2009,
Are mighty mite's made by bill lawrence? I'm in Canada and I found a set of 3 mighty mite double blades for 80$ and it's buy it now. I think I will go with those I'm just deciding now which agile strat I want cuz there's a nice one fir 200$ and an even better one for 300$ now normally any day I'd go for the 300$ one but I'm concerned about price I could get the 300$ plus the pups but it would take a while to get the money. What do u guys think I shood do?
Don't steal.
get some links to each strat? And Mighty Mites are not affiliated with Bill Lawrence that I know of at all. They are a seperate company. Definitely go with the double blades. I'll have to see some specs on each strat before I tell you which I would recommend though.
Randall RM100/Basson Cab
Custom Epiphones
Monster Cables
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
(Willi Lorenz Stich)

SYK i gotta disagree here My "Bill lawrence" is really good. Aall as good as the Orignal Bill Lawrence and I know cause i tested mine vs a friends original bill lawrence in the same guitar and set up and they certianly were on the same page. My guess is that the two companies are in such a hissy fit over each other that one trys to create a huge bias over the other......you know standard buisness afair.

TS I say the price is sure worth it.....I say this with first hand exerience with both "Bill Lawrence's".

Edit: I should mention that I have experience with the XL500L and Xl500 equivelent series not the singles or other pups that they both offer.
Hearing about a pair of great boobs is like hearing about a really cool bug or lizard as a kid and you just gotta see it.
Last edited by Unherolike at Aug 29, 2009,
Ok so I know I'm either getting the mighty mites or the bill Lawrence's I just wanna know which strat copy to get. The 200$ agile I would replace the pups and the trem with a gotoh wilkinson the 300$ agile I'd leave the trem but if u guys know any other good strat Copts or cheap strata lemme know. I'm lefty tho.
Don't steal.
I'd try to find a used mexican strat.
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by handbanana
wiliscool is just plain dumb