Today i tried to replace all the strings on my guitar for the 1st time. i did the high E and that went fine then tried to do the low E, being thicker is found it hard to get it wrapped round but once i did it it had this really weird tinny sound like it was touching a fret but much worse, i plugged it into my amp and got this horrible screaming (i didnt even touch the string) i took it off and it was fine. then i did the B string and that sounds fine (little bit of fret buzz but thats been there for ages)

long story short i tried to restring my guitar and i ****ed up in a way i dot understand
Quote by Stud_Muffin
itd probably be down to string tension not being constant across the neck

next time, do it one by one

i was all the strings were on i take one off at a time (sept now i have no low E so the B was done without it) and i also got a tinnny sound when i hit it without an amp
when you first put on string they have to stretch out, settle and etc. they will sound tinny and over bright and stuff for a few days.
Quote by Mayonaise 812
when you first put on string they have to stretch out, settle and etc. they will sound tinny and over bright and stuff for a few days.

that doesnt explain the horrible screaming from my amp, also when i tried to tune it my electric said it was constantly making a note when i wasnt touching it
Did you wind the whole string around the peg? Or did you just wrap it around once or twice and cut off the extra string? The first time I strung a guitar I used the whole string O.o and had a similar issue lol
Quote by Aurex
Knightmare you are the winner

Gear:
Jay Turser Les Paul
PRS SE Custom 24
Washburn Paul Stanley Sig
Fender Stratocaster
Fender CD-60CE
Line 6 Spider III 120
VK112 w/Man o War
well i used the how to string a guitar thing on here, i did it with 2 strings i dont understand why it was just the low E, i might of messed up cos its thicker
its called feedback
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
im 100% sure it was that string, cos i took it off and it was fine no screaming at all and my tunner worked okay
Quote by schwinginbatman
Get it ALL tuned and restrung, stretched, etc., THEN test it out. Something is wrong if it does that, although it could just be where you are in relation to your amp.

i always sit here so i dont think its that, what ive done is ive asked some1 i know who has been playing guitar for over 10 years to look at it, he will probs ajust the truss rod restring it and everything. since i dont have a clue if its still ****ed then its off to the shop