I'm currently running a Yamaha Pacifica 112V through a Korg AX3000G effects into a Roland Cube 30x.

I've decided my amp is the first thing on the the list for updating. Not sure what to get so looking for a bit of advise. I need something that can deliver a nice clean rhythm but also punch through the mix with lead lines. I'm into a lot of blues/rock stuff such as Cream and Guns and Roses I also want something with a bit of heavier capability for things like metallica but its mostly the bluesy rocky things that I play live. An output is essential as whenever I play live i nearly always plug the amp into a PA system. Effects on the amp or not essential and not really needed unless they outdo what the Korg supplies. I don't have a set budget i'm probably willing to pay up to about 300 british pounds as long as the gear is worth it.
you looking for tube or SS. and what sort of wattage?
Gear :
strat copy (SD Hotrails in bridge, Lil' 59 in Neck)
Orange Dual Terror
Orange PPC112
Pitchblack/SHO Clone/Morley PWA wah
Quote by blenk
you looking for tube or SS. and what sort of wattage?

Probably Tube around the 40 or 50 watt mark
I always think the clean channel is the most important, because you can distort with a pedal and keep the clean channel as the base for the distortion. In my opinion VOX amps have the best clean tone, but its a very personal thing...the best thing you can do is go to a guitar shop with your guitar and try a few out...
Fenix by Young Chang 1989 Stratocaster <3
Quote by Munky Shaffer
I always think the clean channel is the most important, because you can distort with a pedal and keep the clean channel as the base for the distortion. In my opinion VOX amps have the best clean tone, but its a very personal thing...the best thing you can do is go to a guitar shop with your guitar and try a few out...

I was looking a few Vox's but this is the first time I've really encountered them do you have any advise and a good series or model?
How often do you gig? In what type of venue do you gig?

The reason I ask is because I'm curious if 40-50 watts is really a necessity, because I do not know if you've cranked a 50 watt tube amp, but they're really loud. I have a 30W Marshall Bluesbreaker and it quakes my whole house (and you can hear it from a few houses down my block).

For cleans, I would recommend Fender or Vox. I do not know what's available for 300 pounds in England, so I cannot help you much. Although, I can say, the Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Hot Rod Deville, Blues Deluxe and Blues Deville give you a tube sound, but I cannot find a way to change the sound of it. I've spent a good twenty minutes fiddling with all the controls, and I'm unable to fix it.

The biggest factor between Fender and Vox is what amp voicing you want, as well.

If you want British-voiced cleans, go Vox.
If you want American-voiced cleans, go Fender.

That's pretty much all I can think of, everyone else, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
My Gear:
Guitars:
Paul Reed Smith Custom 24 in Charcoal Burst

Amps:
ENGL Powerball I V2

Pedals:
Ibanez Jemini
Vintage '70s Thomas Organ Crybaby Wah
Boss DD-6
you may be struggling for a good 40-50watt tube amp for £300 and yer the Vox Valvetronix series are great i love mine, its a hybrid amp, you would need the 50watt at least or mabey 100 watt version to get a some good volume on the cleans though my 30watt cleans are good for bedroom but in practise i struggle to keep up with everyone. apart from that i love the sound of mine and the effects a pretty good.
Gear :
strat copy (SD Hotrails in bridge, Lil' 59 in Neck)
Orange Dual Terror
Orange PPC112
Pitchblack/SHO Clone/Morley PWA wah