who wrote whiskey in the jar?
my friend says its thin lizzy while i think its a traditonal irish song!
It's a traditional Irish song. Thin Lizzy just messed it up a bit.
Quote by ToffeeandApples
You my friend, put the pwn in pwnt.

Hell Yeah
it was a traditional song and The Dubliners were the first to play it in a modern way. Thin Lizzy were the first to do a rock cover and it is the most popular one.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Quote by thorbor
it was a traditional song and The Dubliners were the first to play it in a modern way. Thin Lizzy were the first to do a rock cover and it is the most popular one.

Nah, pretty sure sure Metallica's is the most famous. Metallica did an amazing job covering it.
okey thougt so too, like why would thin lizzy make a song that sounds soo much like classic irish music

thxs everybody
it was a traditional irish folk song, then it was covered by the dubliners,thin lizzy,metallica (though that was a cover of thin lizzy's cover). for a version closest to the actual one, check out flogging molly's rendition of it off of their swagger album
Quote by valterra
You traded him a sword for the guitar? You do realize that a smart person would just agree to the trade, take the sword, slay you with it, keep all of the loot and call it a day, right?

....What are they teaching you kids in school these days?!
Quote by Gregray88
Nah, pretty sure sure Metallica's is the most famous. Metallica did an amazing job covering it.

mayby more popular, but the cover has nothing to do whit irland, its just mind less rock that they just wanted to make money.
Quote by herr.larsson
okey thougt so too, like why would thin lizzy make a song that sounds soo much like classic irish music

thxs everybody

maybe because they were irish?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com