UPDATE: I just arranged to buy These Puppies:
http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/ele/1347068431.html
How do you guys think those will work? I know their purpose is home theater, but they look pretty robust to me. I will obviously have to get some more wire to run if I want to just run them as extension cabinets, but I was thinking about just taking out the subs and putting them directly in the amp for portabilities sake.

So, I need some new speakers becuase the ones in my new Behringer instantly blew (big surprise there) and I wanted to know if I can use any 10 inch speaker from say like a car subwoofer or home theater/ stereo system? I know that they need to be suited to support 450 watts, but if they are will they work or will they be instantly torn to shreds? I am not concerned in overall sound quality at the moment, I just need a quick alternative for the gig on Saturday without hearing the constant popping of a torn speaker.

On the side, if I want to reconnect the inner aluminum cone to the outer part of the cone that lets the actual cone part vibrate back and forth (usually the rubber thing but in this case it is paper) can I use like an epoxy-like gasket maker? It's intended uses are for like high temp seals such as head gaskets for cars and stuff. BTW, I know the best alternative is to buy a new amp, so I don't want to hear that, because it is not going to happen, for now I am stuck with, and relatively happy with my Behringer once it gets new speakers.
Last edited by Ape_Natural at Aug 28, 2009,
saw a guy duct tape and save the whole amp for the rest of the show.

sounded a little dull though.

I'd get a new amp though- the way they put the cabinet together is not going to let you sound too great.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
How in the heck did you blow the speakers on a new amp so soon? DId you just crank the thing and go for it?
No, you cannot use stereo speaker for replacements and I doubt you'll find any that can handle whatever you're doing to them.
Moving on.....
Quote by KenG
How in the heck did you blow the speakers on a new amp so soon? DId you just crank the thing and go for it?
No, you cannot use stereo speaker for replacements and I doubt you'll find any that can handle whatever you're doing to them.

it's a Behringer.

they are the most poorly made bass amps. ever.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
bring it in to a local shop, ask if they can fix it, explain your prediament and they might let you take an amp while you get your one fixed. Maybe rent gear?
Wait... if it's new, shouldn't it be under the store's replacement warrantee? Or did you buy it online?
92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this

GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I bought it off craigslist. The guy I bought it from had it sitting in his garage for months before I bought it. My guess is that the glue that held the cone to the paper was just brittle because of not being used and it just came off. I did not plug it in crank it and go for it, it happened over a period of band practice of about 4 hours of constant use. Will the home studio speakers be just plain torn to shreds, or will they work? Keep in mind, the sound quality we are comparing it to is stock Behringer speakers covered in duct tape, theose sound like **** too.
Since you need to get to a gig quick, you could use any 10" speakers, as long as they can take the wattage and the impedence matches that of the original speakers (if it's got 8 ohm speakers in it, don't put 4 ohm speakers in or you'll fry the amp). After that, you should get a new amp ASAP. Or get a cab and use this amp as a head...
92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this

GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Behringer = Total FAIL. I wanted to buy one, but the guy's at my local store told me it's like flipping a coin - 50/50. Then before one show, my band had the chance to rehearse before the gig. I played through a Behriger Ultrabass 180w 1x15" combo. One of the worst things I've ever played. Better than my Hiwatt 10w combo, but still... UGH... I was glad, that I was playing sludge/goregrind that day, with overdrive pedal, so that I couldn't hear that ear-rape. Long story short - new amp ASAP. And never look at a behringer ever again, not even if It's almost for free.
Those should work fine as a quick fix.

Buy some eminence speakers....it's you're best bet. Stereo speakers typically wouldn't be able to handle the stress load of the amp. Car subwoofers would give you really really good bass, but anything above about a G on 3rd fret on E string would sound weak, or not even play at all depending on the sub, so you could play all of 4 notes on a 4 string. Anyway look at just some loudspeakers designed for bass, Eminence are renowned as the best but I also like Celestion so do some research and see what you think