I currently have a Vox DA15 which i got 2 years ago and happened to think sounded amazing but now my ear has devoloped more it sounds really digital and fake to me.

I'm hoping to upgrade to something with tubes and i'm not bothered about ruling any amp makes out at this stage so i'm open for all suggestions.
Budget is about £400.

I need something which would be reliable and loud enough for playing small venues, and has atleast 2 channels.

Preferably it'd be good if it was versitile,Rock, Pop, Blues, Jazz, Funk, possibly metal but it doesn't need death metal distortion levels.

My influences are Incubus, Smashing Pumpkins, Muse, Pink Floyd, Queens of the Stoneage, Dinosaur J.R, Alice in Chains, Minus the Bear.

I play a PRS SE Singlecut.

I could probably find access to amps suggested to try them out but i'd just like some direction to what may be good to look at.

Thanks.
Last edited by The Warmth at Aug 28, 2009,
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Laney VC series?

I reckon the Laney LC series would work better. Also, have a look for a used Sovtek MIG, and perhaps a Mesa/Boogie DC-3 or F-30.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Laney VC series?

+1 The VC30 is what I would get with that budget
Call me Cahum.

Squier Classic Vibe 50s Strat
Epiphone AJ-10 Acoustic

Valvepower 18w
Blackheart 112 cab
How do you like that PRS? I've only been playing for 8 months but I'm ready to ditch my toy-store sounding $100 starter kit Ibanez. I was looking at the PRS at Guitar Center this weekend and it's really nice. The only thing is the fretboard seemed a little wider than I'm used to, and I have small hands to begin with.
^no offense but your post is basically spam. Unless you are contributing to the topic of the thread it is best to ask your side questions in a PM to the TS (Private Message to Thread Starter).

welcome to UG btw.

TS - also check your used amp market.