Page 1 of 3
This story is long.

I recently found out that a friend of mine hits his girlfriend so tonight myself and three other people are going to be meeting with him at a friend's house where we're going to confront him about it.

Basically this all started (for me) yesterday when my friend Jackie called me and told me that Phil and Amanda were breaking up (Phil being the guy who beats his girlfriend, Amanda) and that she was going to go pick up Amanda from Phil's house and take her home. Afterward, Jackie called me and told me that when she picked up Amanda, her face was all red and she was crying. Amanda then told Jackie about how Phil was beating her up and twisting her arm. He also had taken her cell phone away at one point and even locked her in a room and refused to let her leave. Then on the way home, Amanda asked that she be taken back to Phil's house where she apparently took him back.

And this is apparently normal behavior for Phil. His ex-girlfriend says he did the same **** to her and was very controlling of her.

So that brings us to tonight where myself, Jackie, and two other people are gonna talk to him about his behavior. Now, I've never done something like this before though I imagine he's just going to deny and deny and get really really pissed off. What do we do if we can't get him to admit to what he does? I mean, it's ****ing disgusting and that girl doesn't deserve that yet she refuses to leave him. What's worse is Phil is one of my closest friends.

Basically, tonight is going to suck. Anybody have any suggestions for me?

tl;dr - Friend hits girlfriend, we're going to confront him tonight. Suggestions on how to go about it?
I say beat the hell out of him until he gets it through his fucking head that you DO NOT HIT A GIRL!
"Most people are trying to simplify the world. We're definitely here to complicate it." - Dad
Quote by RocksAwakening5
I you for posting this.

<-- Pretty much sums me up

8/7/09

^ I was there
theres nothing better then saying him straight in the face that he's an asshole, if he can't accept that he will find out soon when everybody leaves him so...

and if he gets pissed and tries to get violent just do a barrel rol
Quote by magnus_maximus
You're a horrible, horrible person.

only to the people who deserve it

THEN STOP TAKING DRUGS AND PUT SOMETHING ON THE END OF IT!
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
Make sure there's plenty of people there. If he's enough of an asshole to hit his girlfriend, I'm sure he'd hit you.
RAZZLEFRAZZLE
he might get really pissed off and threaten to harm you and your friends ...

which is why you should bring a m4, mp5, and rpg, just in case.
"take your form
be my fear, be my hope
be the indication
if i'm right or wrong

take your most dreadful form
and let it be known"
he provided assurance
Take these, use them liberally.

"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by Ed Hunter

+10000
Quote by Sir Anonymous
I'd call you a crazy Brit, but your username seems to quite assure your sanity.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
Epic username of pure epicness

To: Jesus=ConArtist
Quote by SoWrongItsMatt
Make sure there's plenty of people there. If he's enough of an asshole to hit his girlfriend, I'm sure he'd hit you.

This, or some other sort of protection (this is where having a huge bodybuilding friend would come in handy).

You probably should come out with it in a firm way. Just get it out, then start discussing about it if he's willing. Going around it is never a good idea, make sure he understands exactly what you mean.

Other than that, good luck!

S t a i r s s r i a t S

beat the **** out of him if he steps out of line and see how he likes it..
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Quote by Ur all $h1t
Take these, use them liberally.

maybe not this, but you'll need some way to force him to admit what he did. I think that you and a couple other girls aren't gonna get it from him on your own.

What you need is a show of force. Also, steal her phone back while you're at it. Unless you got it back already.
VERY METAL!
\m/
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Quote by metaldud536
RazorTheAwesome, if I was a Ditto, I'd transform into YOU

Quote by Kensai
Basically god wanted to punish people for getting educated/eating apples.

Quote by Jackal58
We all desire a little pussy.
Quote by CoreysMonster
ever seen Opeth's "Grand Conjuration" video?

yeah. something like that.

Or Kill To Believe/Love In Slow Motion by Bleeding Through

But yeah, im all against feminism and the idea that it is greatly frowned on for a male to use physical force against a female, but anyone to instigates domestic violence and makes a habit of it, needs to have it all given straight back to them, in the same ways
Eye for an eye
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
maybe not this, but you'll need some way to force him to admit what he did. I think that you and a couple other girls aren't gonna get it from him on your own.

What you need is a show of force. Also, steal her phone back while you're at it. Unless you got it back already.

I should have specified. There's only 1 girl coming, Jackie. The other two are guys and hockey players at that.
I don't want to be a dick... but were there ever any hints that your friend phil has these issues? I mean it just seems odd that one of your closest friends just turns out to be that way.

As for advice, I would say that you should just say " Phil, this is serious. What you're doing is wrong, and you know it."
Balls.
Quote by mrcrono
I don't know what that means

It's because you don't have the pleasure of seeing this man spout the same crap every morning to the dregs of British society. At least once an episode he will say "Put something on the end of it."
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.

Take this, I'm not using it tonight anyway.
R.I.P. Lester William Polsfuss June 9, 1915–August 13, 2009
Quote by Moggan13
I'm dissapointed by the lack of penis.

If anyone sigs that, i'll fucking kill them.
Quote by Kensai
I'm a good person and I never meet any pretty girls who loves jesus
Christ, If I found out one of my friends hits his girlfriend all bets are off. He would not be a friend anymore. Bring some extra people incase he goes crazy.
you still have zoiiidbeeeerg
(V) (;,,;) (V)
YOU ALL STILL HAVE ZOIDBERG
Quote by TheBurningFish
It's more shocking to see Tom dressed at all.
Quote by suckersdream
I don't think I've ever actually seen him clothed.
Sexy Peoples Only
◕ ‿ ◕
TweetZ
http://5secondfilms.com/v3beta/watch/intervention

its not this guy is it?

Seriously though I had to lead an intervention a few weeks ago, and it granted it was for a different reason than this one, it wasn't that bad. Believe me when I say that what you are going through now is by far the worst of it.

If he is completely clueless, a good idea is to take him somewhere public, but where he is still comfortable. For example, we all went out to a restaurant and had a good time before we brought anything up. It made things a little easier I think.
Quote by jackbauer
playing by yourself is like masturbating, sure it feels great, but it's nothing compared to the real deal.

Quote by guylee
Oh Shit! I Have A Weird Growth On My Body!

To The Pit!

JOIN MY GROUP plox

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/tonelife/
tust go talk to him bro

like, dude, why dud you slap her in the face? you might as well have kneed her in the stomach, that doesn't leave a black eye, ppl wouldn't notice...

damn I think I have a tumor, I can't come up with words anymore:S

wtf, who tied this balloon around my wrist?
I fell asleep on my arm once, scariest thing that ever happened to me. I thought it was kill.
Quote by Ed Hunter

Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.
That sounds heavy.

Man, I have no more of an idea than you since I've never done something like this before as well.

I'd suggest to come on as firm but beware of coming off as aggressive - since that might only aggravate him further. That said, make sure you bring strong friends who aren't scared of scrapping.
Quote by kxy1992
I say beat the hell out of him until he gets it through his fucking head that you DO NOT HIT A GIRL!

You don't hit anyone. The whole "don't hit a girl" thing stems from the sexist view that women are inherently weaker than men, which is often untrue. Dominating and physically abusing anyone is wrong.
Quote by MushroomBomb

You probably should come out with it in a firm way. Just get it out, then start discussing about it if he's willing. Going around it is never a good idea, make sure he understands exactly what you mean.

Quote by Holy Katana
You don't hit anyone. The whole "don't hit a girl" thing stems from the sexist view that women are inherently weaker than men, which is often untrue. Dominating and physically abusing anyone is wrong.

I don't know how old you are, but I bet you 100 bucks that I can pull 10 random men and 10 random women off of any street and the men with all be stronger.
Quote by whoomit

That was in no way meant as a sexual metaphor, but thank you very much nonetheless

S t a i r s s r i a t S

Quote by CoreysMonster
I don't know how old you are, but I bet you 100 bucks that I can pull 10 random men and 10 random women off of any street and the men with all be stronger.

I'm 18. You can't guarantee that. What if several of the women regularly work out, while several of the guys are couch potatoes? Look, I don't want to get into a debate over this, so I'm not going to say anything more about it.

I have no idea how you'd stage an intervention for this guy, but be sure to explain that she shouldn't be hit, not because she's female, but because she's human.
Quote by CoreysMonster

I wouldn't start much of a quarrel with him. Alot of his posts show he's too politically correct about things.
Questions of science
Science and progress
Do not speak as loud as my heart
Mind your own business TS, jeez. It's not any of your business what he does with his property.
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by Killedelphia19
Beat some Fucking sense into him

I don't think an immediate show of force would show him any sense.

If anything, it will leave him in an even angrier state of mind and you can bet that he'l see his girlfriend somehow responsible for all this and you can guess who will take the next beating.

And if a return visit is planned for afterwards, it wouldn't be a large stretch of the imagination to imagine his preparing for it (i.e, wielding a weapon of some kind).

Talk first. Force later if necessary.
Quote by Holy Katana
I'm 18. You can't guarantee that. What if several of the women regularly work out, while several of the guys are couch potatoes? Look, I don't want to get into a debate over this, so I'm not going to say anything more about it.

I have no idea how you'd stage an intervention for this guy, but be sure to explain that she shouldn't be hit, not because she's female, but because she's human.

Yeah, but you said inherently... Which IS true. I think? Let's just replace it with generally.

But yes, I agree with you.
Page 1 of 3