I dont mean in like a biased way 'o i hate rap so therefore it isnt music'
i mean does use ANY bit of music theory. and if it doesnt that would mean its whole nother type of noise that needs its own theory behind it
it is a collection of sounds arranged for the listening pleasure of others, so, yes, it is music.

I don't like or listen to it much either, but I wouldn't say it's not music.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Of course it uses music theory... even if the artists aren't aware of it, it's still there.
Balls.
Quote by rmr024
Of course it uses music theory... even if the artists aren't aware of it, it's still there.

/thread
Go Veg.
Shut up. What do you even know about music?

I've had up to here with people criticizing any genre besides rock and metal because it isn't teh br00talz.

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE
Quote by jgbsmith
it is a collection of sounds arranged for the listening pleasure of others, so, yes, it is music.

I don't like or listen to it much either, but I wouldn't say it's not music.

What this guy said.
Quote by rmr024

Part of this Complete Breakfast!
I think most of that ****ty music is actually written by good musicians (guys that decided not to play in bands) then go for remix or to the singer.
Then when they are produced, they get bad for guitar people.
Quote by Hullucinate
I dont mean in like a biased way 'o i hate rap so therefore it isnt music'
i mean does use ANY bit of music theory. and if it doesnt that would mean its whole nother type of noise that needs its own theory behind it

Music theory was created in the 18th century, to explain the music that had existed since the start of man. The application of theory applies to everything, not the other way around.
breaking hearts
&
breaking guitars
Of course it's music.

And anyway, pop musicians (I mean the guitarists, the bassists, the song arrangers, the session musicians) are often incredibly talented.
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
It is music which is made to entertain the mainstream.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Quote by MusicalMinority
Shut up. What do you even know about music?

I've had up to here with people criticizing any genre besides rock and metal because it isn't teh br00talz.

no need to get your panties in a knot simple question needed a simple answer which i got
Quote by Hullucinate
no need to get your panties in a knot simple question needed a simple answer which i got

Wrong. That was your attempt at elitist humor.

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE
There's good hip-hop and good pop, and then there's the crap that the media shoves down people's throats.

Hip-hop tends to be more rhythmically complex than most rock, particularly in the rapping. Pop often has much more cohesive chord progressions than rock, and certainly metal.
Rap is considered music. There is nothing wrong with rap, it's just the popular rappers really really suck at it.

Yes it's music. The artists not being aware of music theory doesn't mean it doesn't use music theory
And anyway. You don't need to use music theory to make music, as I understand it. It'll just sound bad.
Official Member of the 'Fly your australian flag high club' for the really patriotic Australians: P.M Dire straits to join
Quote by Holy Katana
There's good hip-hop and good pop, and then there's the crap that the media shoves down people's throats.

Hip-hop tends to be more rhythmically complex than most rock, particularly in the rapping. Pop often has much more cohesive chord progressions than rock, and certainly metal

hell, I'll gladly listen to many pop and hiphop artists than most underground metal bands that play technical gibberish.
everything is music, even the wind blowing through the trees. I'm off to do some acid now.
"Spin the middle side topwise. Topwise!"

"And there's Jimmy Page, the biggest thief of American Blues music"
BTW, as RATM fan I don't say rapping is bad.

But all the mainstream Hip-Hop and Gangsta-rap, from people who are talking about ghettos while living in a 5 million dollar villa is just ... dumb.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Quote by Doppelgänger
It's true.

Music made for 'the mainstream?' What are you, 14?
RAZZLEFRAZZLE
Quote by SoWrongItsMatt
Music made for 'the mainstream?' What are you, 14?

?

It's obvious that some music is marketed toward mainstream audiences.