Ok so I need a new amp. My current one is a fender rumble 60, great for practice and 25 people gigs. I want to get a head and speaker now, then later on down the road build on it. I have two things in mind.

The Hartke LH500 Bass Amplifier Head with the VX115 1x15" Bass Speaker Cabinet

or

The Acoustic B200H 200W Bass Head and B115 250W 1x15 Bass Cab Package

The Hartke is looking to cost me around $600 while the Acoustic is looking at $400.

Any thoughts, also other suggestions are always welcome.
Madison, James Madison, we are the Dukes of JMU!
Madison, James Madison, the fighting Dukes of JMU!
Fight for glory! Honor won!
Bright in the lights of Madison!
Madison, James Madison, show your colors proud and true!
We are the dukes of JMU!
The Hartke has more than twice the wattage, a tube preamp, and better build quality. The only thing the acoustic has over it is a slightly more versatile preamp, but not by much. Well, that and $200.
Nope, no sig here.
So I will be saving money in the long run if i get the hartke and build on it?
We are the dukes of JMU!
I'd ave for the long run but get the Hartke 5500 instead
(well, the 3500 is the equivalent to the LH500; the 5500 is the equivalent to the LH1000)

I honestly think the additional tube pre-amp gives so much more tonal opportunity
[foodit: the extre pre-amp is actually a solid state, when compared to the LH500, my mistake]
(as do the graphic EQ, compressor, high pass, low pass)

go with what you want though, but I think the Hartke is better in the long run

I have the B200, it isn't a bad amp, but it is just kind of something in between until I build my "actual rig" that would probably be my last rig.
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Last edited by lordofthefood1 at Aug 28, 2009,
Quote by jazzbasskid
So I will be saving money in the long run if i get the hartke and build on it?

I don't know about saving money, but you'll sure end up with a better rig.
Nope, no sig here.
Quote by Mutant Corn
I don't know about saving money, but you'll sure end up with a better rig.

I guess that is what I ment, will I have a better rig that will last longer. I think I might go with the Hartke setup.

Lord- I think I might just go with the 500 and if I want to improve I will just sell that and buy a 1000 or something.
We are the dukes of JMU!
Well, I'm saying make sure you want the LH opposed to the x500.

I'm sure you have a reason for wanting an LH, but if you are oblivious to the x500 existing (3500 and 5500 and such), then make sure you look into them as well.

FOODIT:
If I'm not clear, the LH500 and Hartke 3500(a) are the same price value, though the LH500 is 500 watts (3500 is 350 watts); they obviously sound different.
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Last edited by lordofthefood1 at Aug 29, 2009,
Ah ok, I see what you are saying now. Next time I go to town i will try and stop by sam ash and see if I can play on either(hopefully both).
We are the dukes of JMU!
The hartke is roughly a million times better. The pre amp is very versatile for a 3 band passive setup. It sounds fantastically organic and rich. One of the best sounding amps to be released in the last few years. I bought one not long after its release and i don't regret it at all. I could have bought the HA series instead but the LH500 just blew it away in terms of power and tone. The HA sounded kind of processed and subdued while the LH is all about power. You can feel the difference. The HA series would be fantastic studio amps because they are so versatile but for any live situation i'd always have the LH500.
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.